CHAPTER 54: Arylle's Eyes

Emma's body fell to the ground, her face was collapsed like a smashed pumpkin. Bodies and limbs was tore apart, lying in pool of blood from jumping on the highest point of AMC's rooftop.

"No Emma! Don't fucking jump! Please!"

His breath caught in his throat as he tried not to think at the sight. That was just a mere imagination, but Drake was really anxious and frustrated. He couldn't grasp the pain of what Emma felt after losing Marco. He himself will do suicide if Arylle will die infront of him.

He took a deep breath and reached for the door's handle, trying to push away thoughts of what might be on the other side.

"Emma..." He was gasping while slowly approaching her.

"Bakit ka nandito? Umalis ka! Hindi mo alam ang nararamdaman ko! Wala ng kwenta ang buhay ko! Wala na si Marco! How could I continue living without him? Our dreams...our future...our family...I lost it all. I just want to die!" Umiiyak na sabi niya habang papalapit si Drake.

"Listen to me, you will never get over it, but you will get through it. Yes its painful...but death is not the solution Emma."

"Wala kang alam sa nararamdaman ko! Nasasabi mo yan dahil hindi ka namatayan ng-"

"Oh c'mmon! Wala akong alam? You are wrong Emma. Hindi ako namatayan? Yes...tama ka dun. Pero I  know how you feel. The sad fact that you can't be with the person you love. I know how it feels. Buhay pa ako pero para akong araw araw na pinapatay. Like you, the universe doesn't permit me to be with the woman I love." Dahan-dahan ang paglapit ni Drake habang patuloy siyang nagsasalita. He is trying to lure her out and she was listening.

"Dying is a messy and often painful process. There is no right or wrong way to grieve Emma. Lahat ng nararamdaman mo ngayon, normal yan. You're allowed to feel and be exactly as you are now because you love Marco so much. It's okay to cry, don't hold back your tears. Umiyak ka lang...I cannot possibly understand how you feel, but I'm here." Tulad ng payo ni Drake, umiyak lang siya ng umiyak. She cried while maintaining her position.

Go on...cry...you need it Emma.

Malapit lapit na si Drake sa kanya, pero hindi pinapahalata ng binata na lumalapit ito. Dinadaan lang niya sa pagsasalita at pagku-kwento ng kung ano-ano.

"Alam mo ba, there's a woman I love...mahal na mahal ko siya. Pero gaya mo, we are not destined to be together. Well, not in this lifetime..." Ilang pulgada na lang ay pwede na niyang mahila si Emma.

"Marco and you met for a reason, gaya namin ng babaeng mahal ko. Pero the destiny is cruel...gaya nyo ni Marco, we can't have our happy ending. Pero hindi naman ibig sabihin nun, you can't be happy anymore. It doesn't mean that your life is worthless." Nagsimula ng tumulo ang luha ng binata. Hindi lang dahil naaawa siya sa kalagayan ni Emma. Kundi ramdam niya ang bawat salitang binitawan niya.

"There is no good enough reason for our loved ones to be taken from us, but we just have to broaden our understanding why God permits it. Hindi mo pa maiintindihan ngayon, pero one day you will." Iyon ang huli niyang sinabi bago tuluyang mahila si Emma mula sa kinatatayuan niya.

"I know it's hard to be strong right now Emma, sige lang, you don't need to, iiyak mo lang. If you want to scream, go! If you want to curse the world, go curse it." Yakap yakap niya ang dalaga habang wala itong pagtigil sa pagtangis.

"Death is a cruel and heartless enemy. All of us deal with death at some time or another Emma, but jumping from here does not solve anything. It puts you in a far worse condition, where you stay stuck where you are with no way out. I'm not a Godly person, pero I do believe in him and the afterlife. Reincarnation and soulmates as well, I do believe in those stuffs. Kahit tumalon ka ngayon dito, you and Marco cannot be together." Hindi tinanggal ni Drake ang pagkakayakap niya sa dalaga. Yakap niya ito habang hinahaplos ang likuran ni Emma.