☾ two ☾

"Are you mad that I'm late?"

I pondered over his question.

'Hm, have I ever been mad at you? I don't think I have.'

Mikhai, he was the man I loved, as well as the male lead of this novel.

But even as I stared at his face, my heart remained so calm to the point it was eerie.

I felt a sense of despondency.

'I loved him so much, but that love dissipated so quickly.'

My past self believed him to be my saviour and longed for love.

 I gave meaning to even the smallest, insignificant words he would say and would get nervous if the expression on his face was ever the slightest bit negative, afraid that he would leave me.

However, my thoughts and personality completely changed when I recovered my memories of my past life where I took care of my own tuition, studies, employment, and living expenses.

'My future is something that I can change myself, I don't need a saviour.'

After coming to this realization I spoke.

"I'm not mad."

'Because I no longer want to waste my time pouring my feelings into you.'

As I strengthened my resolve, Mikhail stared at me with a slightly irritated expression.

"Juvellian."

Although it was a relationship I forced upon him, it had been two years since I started dating Mikhail.

"Surely our relationship wouldn't go awry over something like this?"

The implied meaning was there: Don't be any more annoying.

It was not a request but a polite warning.

Like usual, I gave an innocent smile.

"I wouldn't get mad over something like that. I was just playing a prank on you."

I was trying to lighten up the mood but seeing the serious look on his face, it seemed I offended him by saying it was a prank.

"A prank? That's quite unlike you."

He gave a deep sigh before staring at me with tired eyes.

"So what business did you call me here for?"

Seeing his blatant distaste for being here, I let out another sigh.

'Well, it's understandable that he'd be mad since this isn't the first or second time I've interrupted his training.'

Taking all my past wrongdoings into account, I decided to stand down for now.

"Mikhail, today I-"

"I made time for you today because you said it would only take a moment, but it's difficult for me if you keep dragging it on like this."

Mikhail cutting off my words before I could even finish caused me to burst into laughter.

However, he didn't seem to care.

"If it's not important, I'll be taking my leave."

Sure enough, he was trying to leave like usual.

He probably didn't want to be with me any more that he had to. 

Although he was being rude, nothing good would come out of being on bad terms with the male lead of this novel.

"It'll only take a moment."