☾ twenty - six ☾

I drew up multiple different conclusions, yet I couldn't help but feel a sense of foreboding.

For example, something terrible could develop, like my father urging me to go on a blind date with the crown prince after seeing how pathetic I was, not even having a partner for the party.

'Haa, finding a way to survive is really hard.'

Inwardly sighing, I reached for my cup to quench my slight thirst.

"The tea is still hot."

At my father's sudden remark, I swallowed a false laugh after slightly grazing the teacup with my lips.

It almost seemed like he knew I wouldn't be able to drink tea if it's hot and had stopped me for that reason.

'But there's no way that was his actual intention.'

As long as I didn't know what his true intentions were, it would be best for me to be careful.

After all, if I do something wrong, my life will be over.

'The rumors, the marriage proposal...there's a lot to worry about.'

With the party only a week away, I didn't have the time to be worrying over such things.

'Let's think over this carefully.'

I glared at the steaming cup of tea before lifting it to my lips, drinking it carefully so that I wouldn't burn my tongue.

_

Although he had come all the way to his mentor's house, the sudden appearance of his mentor himself forced Max to step back and observe from a distance.

'He's usually never home...'

His gaze unwittingly moved to stare in the direction of the woman's room.

'Is she in her room?'

He tried to see if he could sense anyone's presence but he found none originating from her room.

'Where did she go?'

The absence of the woman, who used to always be in her room, was quite unfamiliar and it irked him.

'Is she in the study?'

Max unknowingly furrowed his brows as he tried to guess where the woman could have gone.

'Don't tell me...did she go to find someone else to be her partner?'

At the moment the feeling of displeasure crept up, Max clenched his teeth at the strange sense of déjà vu.

He felt himself becoming strange again, just like last time.

'It's none of my business whether that kind of woman is looking for a partner or not.'

Although he contemplated leaving, Max was unable to take his eyes off the room on the third floor...

As if he was waiting for someone to return to the room.

_

"Father, I'll be heading up now."

My father nodded his head.

"I'll be going out in a little while."

I was confused.

He had always been someone who left without saying a word, so for him to suddenly tell me he was heading out...I couldn't understand.

But rather than try to understand my father's intentions, it would be better for me to use that chance to think about how to solve my current problem.