☾ fifteen ☾

I glared at my father's apprentice.

'How ungrateful.'

I was trying to wake him up after giving him a place to sleep, yet he continued to talk down to me and even had me pinned down like this.

I was baffled by his rudeness.

'Why is his personality so twisted?'

Someone suddenly came to mind.

In one of my relationships in my past life, I gave my heart to someone but he was hard to please to the end.

'Mm, they're definitely similar.'

I quickly brushed those thoughts aside, realizing the current issue.

'Ah, this isn't it. I need to ask him why he keeps talking down to me.'

Then, I heard him speak, his voice sounding as if he was trying to pick a fight.

"What are you looking at"

At that moment, I broke out into laughter, forgetting what I was going to say.

"Why are you laughing?"

His expression became darker but I couldn't stop laughing.

He looked too much like someone I used to know.

"Don't laugh."

He was glaring at me, his voice coming out harsh.

Well, it would certainly put someone in a bad mood if someone was laughing in front of them for seemingly no reason.

Noticing the look on his face, I managed to get a control over my laughter somewhat.

'He reminds of the unfriendly black cat that I often saw near my old house.'

He seemed really displeased by my constant giggles.

"Stop."

I couldn't help but laugh again at his words.

Unless there was some natural disaster that suddenly occurred to snap one out of it, it wasn't easy to hold in your laughter.

However, the sound of Marilyn's voice that suddenly came from the hallway forced me to correct my earlier thought.

"Milady, are you awake?"

The corners of my mouth, which had been raised in laughter, quickly settled back down.

'Calm down.'

I began organizing my priorities in my head.

First, I realized that I needed to get rid of the man who was currently on top of me in an embarrassing position.

"Um, could you please get off?"

At my request, he finally moved but didn't cease frowning.

I raised a hand in his direction.

"Can you help me up?"

He gave my hand a dirty look before swiftly turning his head away.

'To think there are really people like him around...'

Frowning, I pushed myself up.

Even if I tried to explain the current situation, he didn't seem like the type that would listen since he was so stubborn.

'I guess I have no choice.'

I recklessly grabbed his hand.

"What are you doing?"