☾ forty - nine ☾

"Lady Veronica, would you like to go out with me someday?"

"Oh, I would love to! When should we set the date?"

"Let's make it soon."

Mikhail, who was chatting with Veronica, stared at Juvellian.

'Now, it's about time she reacted...'

Strangely, Juvellian was only quietly drinking tea without sparing anymore glances.

'Why won't you look at me?'

Mikhail felt a violent turmoil inside of him due to her indifferent behavior.

'Why only look at those things...'

His resentment towards Juvellian only rose.

"Oh, I have a suggestion to make."

When Rose spoke up, everyone at the tea party shifted their attention to her at once.

It must be embarrassing, but Rose continued her speech with her cheeks dyed a rosy color.

"Well, I would like to invite Princess Floyen to join us as a new member of our tea tasting club. So I would like to ask the other members' opinion, what do you all think?"

As soon as she finished speaking, the two other young noble girls chattered for a bit and then said.

"Oh, I like it!"

"Me too!"

Both Ladies had a positive opinion towards Juvellian since she gave them the name of the boutique she had gotten her dress from.

Then, a subtle change occurred in Juvellian's face.

"Ah, I am..."

Mikhail, who had looked at that expression for quite some time, could infer her feelings, even if no one else knew it.

Though she was embarrassed and shy, her face was full of joy.

And it was the very face that Mikhail had so long wanted to see again.

'Why do you make such a face to those women, but not to me?'

Mikhail, who was overwhelmed with dismay, stared blankly at Juvellian.

"I disagree!"

At that moment, the faint smile on Juvellian's face disappeared.

Mikhail, who witnessed the change, felt the inner part of his chest tingling.

'It was always like that when I treated her coldly.'

Upon realizing that, Mikhail felt angry at Veronica, who threw a vote against them.

'Nothing special.'

Veronica cried out as she noticed the scary gaze.

"I'm not unwillingly against it...but there are conditions to join our tasting party!"

The other members nodded their heads to show they were agreeing with that remark.

"Well, that's undeniable."

"That's true. We did it when we first formed the group."

Rose sighed and opened her mouth. "Princess, we actually have a one condition to be able join."

Even to those words, Juvellian replied as if nothing was wrong.

"Oh, yes. If I don't qualify, I can't help it. You don't have to mind."