☾ twenty - four ☾

Madam Freesia's Salon–Salon Blooms.

Here, several women in masks were gathered and discussing the party that would be held in a week's time.

"I can't wait to see how the Arlos will decorate the mansion."

"Me as well. They decorated the entire mansion with red roses last year, it was gorgeous. I wonder what they'll do this year..."

"I'm curious as to what dress Lady Arlo will wear."

"She's a lovely lady, so I'm sure she'll look pretty in anything she chooses. It's just..."

The one who had just spoken trailed off her words but the other ladies who were listening urged her to continue, their eyes shining.

"What is it? Go ahead and tell us."

As if she were waiting for the cue, the woman's lips parted to continue.

"I'm really curious as to who Lady Floyen will attend the party with."

The talk about the birthday girl was pushed aside, and as the topic of the conversation shifted, the hidden intentions that had been concealed behind their masks slowly began to reveal themselves.

"To be honest, I'm only interested in this party because of Lady Floyen. Since she tends to always cause some kind of trouble..."

"Not to mention, there's also that scandalous rumor that's been going around."

"Oh, the one about her new mysterious lover?"

Crash!

As soon as the words left the woman's lips, a loud crash rang violently throughout the hall.

And on the floor, fragments of transparent debris scattered about.

Everyone glanced briefly at the wreckage of broken glass, assuming that it was just an accident caused by a clumsy person, and attempted to return to their earlier conversations.

However, the one who broke the silence first was a low masculine voice.

"Does uttering such baseless talk make you feel gratified?"

The man's face was covered by a mask, hiding his identity, but this was a gathering of nobles.

In this place, where only nobles could gather, there was an unwritten rule that you were to address and talk to each other formally and with respect.

But because of the way the man had spoken down to them, the women who were chatting away furrowed their brows.

One of the women snapped at the man while fanning herself.

"How dare you speak so rudely, I'm telling you that I heard it from someone who witnessed it herself!"

She had spoken with vigor, but that was short-lived as her body soon warned her against the threatening aura coming from the man.

The woman became overwhelmed by the intense pressure she felt radiating from him to the point where she found it hard to breathe.

The corners of the man's lips raised into a crooked smile.

"So, did you see it yourself?"

"E-Even if I didn't see it for myself, she's known for her terrible behavior so would such a rumor really be groundless?"

"Is that so?

The man's lips twitched into a smirk before his face returned to its original state, regarding the woman coldly.