☾ seventy - two ☾

"You, you...!"

I recognized who she was immediately with the way she was pointing her finger at me.

'Oh, I saw her at the temple.'

I noticed her sleeve was wet, but like last time she didn't have a handkerchief.

"Here."

When I handed over my handkerchief, her face distorted as she raised her voice.

"Get away from me, I don't need you!"

Suddenly, I heard people nearby.

"Who is fighting?"

"Is it coming from over there?"

When I heard the voices, I sighed.

'Oh, I don't want to stand out, but now I have to go back to the ballroom.'

"Hey, I'm going to..."

After making that quick judgment, I tried to go somewhere else.

Suddenly, my wrist was caught.

"Follow me."

I thought about refusing, but I couldn't dare be cold-hearted to a person who was just crying so bitterly.

'Yes, a little while will do. I have to get away from the ballroom and avoid the Crown Prince anyway.'

So, I continued following someone whom I didn't even know their name.

_

He said he would take it easy, but he left the banquet hall as soon as possible because he became worried.

Max searched the garden quickly for Juvellian.

'Where did you go?'

He thought she'd be in the garden by now, but he didn't feel any sign of Juvellian.

'Have you already gone to the lounge?'

Max rushed towards the lounge.

One, two, three...

Max passed by the garden and opened the door to the lounge room where she was supposed to be.

Soon, Max's face, hidden under the mask, was violently distorted.

'No?'

Max opened all the restrooms.

But there was no Juvellian in sight anywhere.

He felt increasingly anxious and sick.

"What, you, Your Highness? What's going on?"

The knight who was resting in the break room was embarrassed to see him there.

Max looked around and asked.

"Have you seen a woman pass by here?"

"I have not."

Frightened, Max left the lounge room.

'Where are you?'

The palace, where the banquet was being held, held more maximum security than usual.

However, even then he still felt uneasy because Juvellian was nowhere in sight.

'Where are you?'

He activated his inner mana and quickly searched the premises.

But her brilliant silver hair was nowhere to be seen, and her signature light walk was nowhere to be felt.