☾ forty ☾

"You don't have to know."

When he thought about her running away, he felt bad and his voice dropped.

Instead of prying, Juvellian sighed.

"Okay, so what's your answer to the contract relationship?"

Max hesitated before answering.

Because there was something that was bothering his mind the whole time.

"I have something to ask before that."

"Yes, ask."

"I want to know, why you proposed to having a relationship with me, even if it is a contract?"

After hearing her answer, maybe the frustration in his heart would be relieved.

"Why did you suggest that to me?"

"You want to know why I chose you specifically?"

"Yes."

With Max's affirmation, Juvellian's face became serious.

Max was clenching his fist with unknown tension.

The woman's red lips opened, "Because you are the disciple that my father favors?"

In the end, it wasn't because of his appearance that everyone praised, nor because of his excellent sword skills.

At the somewhat absurd answer, Max's face distorted.

'That's why you want to date me?'

Strangely, he was disappointed and angry at the same time.

'I can't believe I'm doing such a stupid thing because of a woman like this.'

He wanted to get mad at Juvellian who was trying to use him.

But he couldn't get angry as he stared at her face.

Rather, the more he looked at her, the more he was able to ease his anger.

'Why am I being swayed by such a woman?'

It was when Max, in a sense of shame, slightly twisted his face.

"And also because..."

As he raised his head, her smiling face came into his eyes.

"Because you are the only man I know now who I am comfortable with enough to ask for this kind of favor."

Comfortable, that was the feeling he felt for her too.

"Yes, that's what it is."

The inside of his chest was swaying warmly due to the joy that had come up.

The dissatisfaction he was feeling before, was quickly replaced by the pleasing feeling at the fact that she was also feeling something similar to him.

There were questions that were still unresolved, but he didn't want to think about that any more.

'Yes, this is enough for now.'

Max raised the corner of his mouth without even knowing.

_

I could see his face smiling out of the blue when I said it.

'Why are you smiling?'

I don't know why, but it was nice to see him smiling.

'Yes, you're very handsome.'

I didn't want to, but I had to admit it. His face was certainly my taste.

'You have a nasty personality, but I think that face will make me feel like I'm going to be in a good relationship.'