☾ thirty ☾

Time passed and it was finally the day of the party.

The carriage ride to Count Arlo's was a little mundane.

It was because the passing scenery only consisted of a series of similar-looking buildings due to being in the vicinity of the capital–it was just like the rampant skyscrapers in modern downtown Seoul.

'All the buildings look the same so there's nothing to see.'

I was feeling somewhat tired, but I held in the urge to yawn in front of my father because I thought it would only lead to a scolding for not upholding my dignity.

'Ah, I'm so sleepy.'

When my eyelids drooped faintly, I heard the voice of my father.

"Don't worry."

I looked up to stare at him and noticed he was looking not at me, but out the window, and continued.

"Because I'll be by your side today."

I wasn't sure why he was saying something like that, but I presumed it was because he was mindful of other people's attention.

If a father and daughter entering as partners showed awkwardness between them, the nobles might think it to be strange.

My father was also most likely worried that I might cause trouble.

'To be honest, I'm more worried about you, Father.'

I was worried that my father, whose recent behavior I couldn't understand, would get in the way of my plan.

"Oh my, that makes me so happy." I lied, forcing a smile.

'All right, as long as I don't cause any trouble today, there shouldn't be any problems.'

When I was thinking so, I saw my father smiling softly as he continued looking out the window.

'I wonder what he's looking at that's making him look so happy?'

I turned my head and looked out the window to gaze at the landscape.

A pretty residence with abundant flower gardens full of red roses came into view.

The blooming flowers further enhanced the beauty of the mansion.

It was the house of Count Arlo, located just outside the capital.

'It's truly a beautiful house, just like Rose had described.'

It was when I was staring blankly at the beautiful mansion.

"Juvellian."

I heard the voice of my father calling me, and when I turned to face him, he reached his hand out to me and said, "Let's go."

I looked at his outstretched hand for a moment before slowly taking it.

I had only intended to lightly rest my hand on top of his, not wanting to trouble him, but my father soon clasped my hand tightly.

_

"Now announcing His Grace, Duke Regis Andre Floyen, and the Lady Juvellian Eloy Floyen!"

The ballroom buzzed in excitement at the entrance.

The Duke of Floyen–Not only was he a figure so famous that there was no one in the empire who didn't know who he was, but also a figure who seldom made an appearance at social gatherings.

Naturally, everyone was shocked to hear his name announced.

As everyone held their breath, a picturesque father-daughter pair entered the hall.