☾ forty - one ☾

'It's annoying.'

As he felt earlier, Max was really annoyed by Juvellian's knights.

Then, Juvellian grabbed Max's hand with hers and smiled openly and whispered.

"It's all right."

The moment he saw that smile, he felt his anger gradually subsiding.

At a time when a slight spark was ticking inside his chest, Juvellian headed toward the knights.

"It's normal that the knights don't know him. I met him at the banquet hall of Count Maisen."

At those words, the knights stared at Max with trembling eyes.

'Is he a nobleman?'

'Surely, he looks ragged, but he's still a noble.'

Count Maisen was famous for holding banquet's where only noblemen from prestigious families can attend.

Those who participated in such banquets were most likely to be of a prestigious families.

'Which family is he from? I've never seen his face in the capital.'

When Geraldine was looking at Max with sharp eyes, Juvellian continued.

"Of course, he is not a nobleman, but one of the mercenaries hired for lack of security personnel."

The word mercenaries made the knights look thin.

"I want to know how this mercenary became close to you."

Max frowned at the knights' gazes, they were looking at him full of despise.

'I can't believe a knight is looking at me with that kind of glare.'

Max wanted to show his power by pulling out his sword right away.

But because of the warm hand holding his own, Max had no choice but to calm his anger.

'How did I end up like this?'

Juvellian answered the question, not knowing what Max was feeling at the moment.

"It was because of a crisis that we ended up meeting."

The moment they heard the word crisis, the knights stared at Max with a slightly relaxed face.

'Oh, I see. The mercenary seems to have saved you from the crisis.'

But the story was soon followed by a complete reversal of expectations, and the knights could not help but doubt their ears.

"I saved him from being surrounded by several noble young children in the remote area."

"What? You saved the mercenary?"

"Oh, I was asking where Mikhail had gone and everyone ran away."

It was natural to avoid her.

At that time, Juvellian was famous for committing harm to aristocratic young children who approached Mikhail.

"Then what do you know, this person came up to me saying that he wanted to be a benefactor for me. At the time, I was with Mikhail so I left, but in fact, I kept thinking about him. So I broke up with Mikhail."

'That's why you broke up with Mikhail?'

It was when the knights looked surprised.

"But fatefully, when I met him at the arcade, I was convinced. 'Oh, it's him.' And now I found out that he was looking for me too, you couldn't imagine how thrilled I was."