☾ thirty - one ☾

When people first saw Juvellian's gift, they had their doubts.

'What is that?'

A round, flat object decorated with roses.

It's pretty design resembled a trinket box that served as storage for accessories, but it was hard to guess what it really was.

As soon as Rose opened the case, everyone stared at it in awe.

'Powder puff? Is that powder then?'

It felt like they had been hit on the head.

Usually, a maid would carry the powder around to help fix their lady's makeup when going out, but in cases where servants were not able to accompany their master, that was impossible.

As a result, oily faces were an inconvenience many noble ladies had to put up with.

However, the gift Juvellian presented broke down something that everyone had naturally accepted.

"Oh, a powder container small and thin enough to carry around!"

"I've never seen nor heard of anything like that."

"To think she designed and commissioned such a thing herself...Truly amazing."

It was only natural that many people's eyes glistened with greed, coveting the item that was both practical and pretty.

"Isn't that enough to make Lady Floyen this year's 'Star'?"

The one who was deemed as the 'Star' was given a brooch to symbolize their contribution in leading the latest trend in high society.

As this was something that was only awarded once a year, it was viewed as a great honor amongst the nobles who were obsessed with fashion and trends.

"Right? Seeing how there are already all these people looking at it with shining eyes is a sign that it'll become a popular trend."

"But, of course, I don't think Lady Floyen will ever reveal the name of the workshop that made it."

Although everyone was extremely curious about the workshop, the sharing of workshops was a very sensitive topic for the fashion-conscious nobles.

Moreover, as the person in question was none other than Lady Floyen, who was known for her wickedness, everyone could not help but be wary.

Then, someone addressed Lady Floyen.

It was none other than Rose, the main character of today's party.

"Lady Floyen, if you don't mind, could you share with me the name of the workshop you've commissioned to make this powder container? I'd like to order one for my mother."

Even those who disapproved of Juvellian had no choice but to become nervous, at least at this moment.

If it was the Lady Floyen they were all familiar with, she was bound to cause some kind of scene and more.

But what came out through Juvellian's red lips was a soft voice.

"Ah, it's Fyodor's workshop. He's young but he's a talented craftsman nonetheless, so you can trust him."

As the nobles weren't expecting Juvellian to give an answer so easily, they became surprised at her remark.

"Giving me such valuable information, thank you so much."

Juvellian waved a hand at Rose's expression of gratitude.

"It's not even a big deal, so I'm embarrassed to have you thank me so much. I'm the one who should be thankful since you like my gift."