☾ forty - seven ☾

Mikhail stopped wiping his face with the towel that was dripping.

< I saw it for sure. She was with a very handsome guy. >

'Oh, fuck, she wouldn't do that.'

Then, he heard a knock on the door.

"Sir, today's schedule is to attend the Terence's family tea party."

"I know. I'll make sure I'm not late, so go back."

Mikhail harshly replied to the servant who came to inform him of his schedule.

'A new lover? Nonsense. Rydian, he's just spouting bullshit like last time.'

Mikhail, recalling the time when the rumors were made about the cufflinks, stared in the mirror.

His face was slightly emaciated, but it was still worth looking at.

'Today, that woman will see me, that will make it clear...'

Thinking so, Mikhail clenched his fist tightly.

_

On the day of the tea party, I walked round and round wearing a tailored dress in the dressing room.

With the cumbersome frill sleeves removed and replaced with short puff sleeves, it was certainly easier to move my arms.

And I reduced the breast exposure at the top of the stomach, which has always been my concern.

'Well, it's gonna be alright, right?'

There's a time when the fashion changes greatly once.

It was before and after the coming-of-age ceremony of Princess Beatrice, and the dress she wore at the ceremony was a dress that replaced the pannier used at the bottom of the skirt with a wider crinoline.

And the clothes I am wearing now have a very different direction from the splendor that the Princess pursued.

The pannier made of whale beard was replaced with a petticoat made of several layers of fabric, and the sleeve length was reduced to a puff sleeve.

It's just a slight improvement in the discomfort of the Rococo style.

'I'd like to wear more comfortable clothes if I wanted to, but I'll probably be an outcast if I'm too out of the style, so I'll wear what I want to wear after I gain my independence.'

As I was thinking that, Marilyn's voice broke through my mind.

"My Lady, someone is waiting for you."

I nodded at the words that pointed to Max.

"Okay. I'll be down soon." When I finished speaking, I quietly looked at the watch.

'You came an hour earlier than I expected...'

I admired his diligence for a moment.

"And this is the allowance that His Grace is giving you."

I sighed at my father's surprise, which I had never thought of.

'I was wondering what to do if my allowance was cut off. That's good. But...'

If he threatened to give up my allowance and kick me out immediately, it will not be easy.

To be honest, I couldn't understand Father.

'Ha, I have work to do today, so let's think about that later.'

I left the room with complicated thoughts.