☾ thirty - six ☾

'Haa, why does his face look like that again? Don't tell me, is it delayed puberty?'

He seemed moodier than usual today.

I was going to ask him what was wrong but he was faster.

"Running away you say, but wouldn't that make life more difficult for you?" He asked in a dull voice.

I nodded and quipped back, "Hm, well, I'd be happier living a penniless life than I would be if I were to marry the Crown prince."

Even though inheritance would be out of the question if I decided to run away, I'd still be able to make a considerable amount of money just by selling the precious jewels currently in my possession.

'Well, even if I can't receive any inheritance, I think I can still make a living by engaging in business.'

Although I would have to give up on my dream of living as a rich and unemployed individual, the idea of running away didn't seem too bad.

'It would be a good idea to start preparing for it now, just in case.'

A low pitched voice suddenly interrupted my thoughts.

"I'm leaving."

"Wait...!"

At the sight of him leaving before I even had a chance to say anything, I could only let out a sigh when I came to my senses.

"Ah, he could've at least given me his answer first before leaving."

_

Freesia stared quietly at Regis as he reviewed the materials she had presented to him.

'I really hope he doesn't catch on.'

She began breaking out into a spine-chilling cold sweat.

There was an hour left–an hour she had barely managed to drag out–of the two she had promised her lord.

"Looking through these files, it doesn't seem like there's anything new or different from what you showed me last time." Regis said, closing the folder.

Seeing him about to get up, Freesia calmly added, "There's no way. If you look closely..."

"Yulia."

Her face hardened at the name that came from the Duke's mouth.

If he was calling her by her real name, it usually meant he was warning her.

"I don't know what you're up to, but I won't make another deal with you if you try to pull another trick like this ever again."

"I still have some information left, are you sure you want to leave?" Freesia asked as she saw him fully rise from his seat.

As soon as the words passed her lips, the man who had been sporting a fierce look in his eyes until just now, quietly sat back down.

A smile arose on Freesia's face.

'Now I'm curious as to what kind of person Lady Floyen is, to make not only my lord but also this scary person so obedient.'

"So, what is it that you have to show me?"

Freesia handed over another file.

"Here it is."

'I was hoping to use this a little later, but it can't be helped.'

Freesia used her trump card. As Regis reviewed the documents, a menacing look flared in his eyes.

"Is this true?"