☾ twelve ☾

I tried my best to ignore the sound of my knights following me, choosing to focus my attention on my own thoughts instead.

'I bought the makeup, color ink, and paper. What else–Oh, this looks nice?'

Even though I had already finished picking out a present for Rose, I decided to shop around some more since I was already out.

'I was too busy being wary of my father last time so I wasn't able to look around properly.'

Letting out a sigh, I remembered the item in my drawer that I still had to return.

'When should I return the pendant? I hope I won't get in trouble for keeping it with me for so long without saying anything.'

While I was starting to grow anxious from my thoughts, something caught my eye.

'Wow, this is quite neat and pretty.'

Silver-rimmed cuff buttons with a blue jewel in the center.

I could picture my father wearing them and had no doubt they would look stunning on him.

'Oh, I could give these to him as a gift when returning the pendant. That should make him feel a little better.'

And so, a suitable bribe was picked out for the purpose of maintaining the appropriate relationship with my father.

I turned to the merchant, pointing to the cuff buttons without an ounce of hesitation.

"I would like to buy these, please."

The merchant then placed the cuff buttons in a wooden box before handing it to me, completing the transaction.

'This should be enough, right?'

All of a sudden, I was interrupted by someone who seemed to recognize me.

"Oh? Well, if it isn't Lady Floyen?"

'The one who had a mouth of a poisonous snake, the nosy Rydian.'

Famous for being the head gossipmonger among social circles, Rydian was known to have a venomous tongue.

His reputation was so poor to the point where I tried to avoid this man even before I regained the memories of my past life.

"This is the first time I've seen you since my aunt's birthday party. "

Including the fact that he was Mikhail's cousin on his mother's side, Rydian was the worst person to run into.

'If one sees their cousin's ex-girlfriend, shouldn't they act like they don't know her?'

In contrast to my inner turmoil, I returned his greeting solemnly.

"Yes, it's been a while, Lord Doyle."

"I'll be disappointed if you address me so formally like that as this isn't the first time we've met."

Pressing a kiss on the back of my hand, Rydian continued while revealing a greasy smile.

"Please, call me Rydian, my lady who is as beautiful as daffodils."

Since we were only acquaintances who did not know anything beyond each other's faces, it was not appropriate for him to be kissing my hand nor asking me to call him by his name.

I wanted to point out his rudeness, but didn't want to give any opportunities for this loose lipped person to spread anything about me.

'It'll be troublesome if he goes and talks to Mikhail about me.'