☾ sixty - seven ☾

He asked me as soon as I finished speaking.

"Isn't the Crown Prince's reputation good these days?"

I thought he wasn't interested in the social world of the nobles, but he seems to have become quite a decent socialite, considering his interest in the Crown Prince's reputation.

But apart from his praise, I couldn't agree with him.

'I don't believe his essence has changed, even if he has been acting different.'

In the novel, the Crown Prince is an ambitious figure who aims for the throne and constantly talks about 'cleaning up' his family who stand in the way of his future.

He's a psychopathic character in modern times.

"Even though he may act good on the outside, it's not the person he really is."

"What does that mean?" He asked with a stiff face.

At his inquiries, I exposed my weakness.

"I'm saying he's still scary."

His face hardened at my answer.

"He's... scary..."

That unusual expression is the same one I saw that day.

Right.

It was the same face he made when he appeared on Count Arlo's balcony on the day of the Rose's birthday party.

'Don't tell me. You're not going to say anything strange about the Crown Prince, are you?' [1]

I hurriedly changed the subject to avoid such concerns.

"Where have you been, by the way?"

He answered my question with a blank look.

"The battlefield."

Surprised by his words, I stared at him.

'Battlefield?'

Come to think of it, I heard that two months ago the Crown Prince began supporting the South and even helped prepare for the attack.

'Has it been mobilized then?'

As I was lost in my thoughts, his slightly emaciated face came into view.

'It seems he has suffered.'

I tried putting my hand on his cheek without my knowledge, but I soon realized what I was trying to do and quickly lowered it.

'What did I just do?!'

He stared at me with intense eyes.

I thought he noticed what I was trying to do.

'Why are you staring?'

Almost as if he heard my question, he sighed before opening his mouth.

"Juvelian, I was actually..."

I was focused on him, just in case he pointed out my behavior.

Then, he shut his mouth tight.

'You didn't see it?'

I was reassured for a moment.

Suddenly, something I didn't want to hear came into my ears.

"I heard there will be a banquet held by the Crown Prince in the near future. You don't mean not to go, do you?"

'What? You did all of that just to ask me this?'