☾ eighteen ☾

"Your Majesty, do you intend on keeping him longer in the palace?"

The Emperor raised a brow at the prime minister's question.

"Isn't that obvious? Where else can I find a hunting dog like him?"

His voice was laced with anger, clearly reflecting his dislike towards Duke Floyen.

The prime minister let out a sigh.

"Of course, the ruffians are fearful of the Duke, so Your Majesty can rest easy. However..."

'Restraining the Duke at the same time–He's basically killing two birds with one stone.'

The prime minister ignored the thought that passed, continuing his words.

"Your Majesty, if you continue to hold Duke Floyen in the palace like this, the resentment towards you will only increase. It's more important that you devise a trap to capture the enemy rather than give an inefficient command."

Despite the prime minister simply trying to help, the stubborn Emperor glared at him, displeased with the prime minister's insistence to interfere.

"You don't have to concern yourself with this matter. I can take care of it myself."

"But..."

"You may leave now, Duke Elios."

The prime minister let out a sigh of annoyance at the dismissal, opening his mouth to speak again.

"Although his prestige was great in the past, it falls short of the reputation of the present. Your Majesty, if you want to keep Duke Floyen in check, I suggest that you call for His Royal Highness the Crown Prince to return."

Finishing his speech, the prime minister bowed his head.

"Please make a wise decision, Your Majesty."

The Emperor clenched his jaw after the prime minister left the room, his face becoming stiff.

'How dare you try to tell me what to do when you don't even know anything...'

He stared at the ring on his middle finger.

The Eye of Circe — the symbol of the emperor and a national treasure.

It was made with great care by the first Emperor, who was also a great magician.

A vicious smile slowly emerged on the Emperor's face.

'He (Regis) can't disobey me as long as I have this.'

_

Meanwhile, in the central courtyard of the palace, Regis was resting quietly on a tree, his eyes closed.

A little bird, seeking a place to rest, landed on his shoulder — but Regis didn't budge.

The bird moved about several times, trying to make itself comfortable.

It seemed to like his shoulder, finding its place before it fell asleep.

The overall atmosphere was so languid and peaceful, it looked more like Regis was enjoying a break rather than being in the middle of guard duty.

As a gentle breeze brushed his hair, he slowly opened his eyes.

'Someone's coming.'

Regis turned his gaze towards the man approaching the courtyard, but soon let out a yawn, his face returning to that of indifference.

'It's just Roy.'

"Leave." Regis said, gently nudging the bird that was resting on his shoulder.