☾ thirty - seven ☾

When I went up to my room after I had finished my meal, I saw Sella changing the flowers in a vase.

The combination of pink and white roses went rather well together and was pleasing to the eye.

'Come to think of it, it's not here yet.'

My mind wandered to trivial thoughts as I stared at the flowers in a daze.

"Milady."

Turning my head, I saw Marilyn come in while holding a silver tray.

"I see more letters have come."

"Yes."

Hearing a much more relaxed tone, it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

Perhaps Marilyn felt like she had gotten closer to me, as she seemed to be treating me comfortably now.

'Well, that's not bad.'

Opening the letter, I saw familiar handwriting.

< Lady Floyen, are you doing well these days?

Because there's been no word in terms of your health, I am hoping that you are all right, but I can't help but feel worried at the same time.

I hope that you'll always be in good health from now on.

Oh, by the way, I've been attending tea parties these days.

As I've been spending time with people I get along with, I found the meetings to be the opposite of burdensome and perfect for quietly drinking some tea.

If you are interested in attending, please feel free to let me know. >

'Well, if I were to refuse even after this...I'm bound to be isolated.'

There was the possibility that I might have to run away from home in the future.

If such an event were to happen, I would need to make sure not to be a loner if I want to gain sympathy from others.

'I also have to learn more about the Crown Prince like my father suggested. For example, maybe something like his strong dislikes.'

I placed the letter down and turned to Marilyn.

"Would you run an errand for me and go to Count Arlo's?"

"Of course, milady." Marilyn said, nodding her head.

_

"About Lady Floyen, I heard she's recovered now."

"Oh my, what a relief."

Members of the gathering rejoiced at the news that Juvellian had overcome her illness.

The one who had shared the news, Rose, smiled and continued, "She also expressed interest in attending our next meeting. What do you all think about her joining us?"

"Kyaa, I love it."

"I agree!"

While everyone was voicing their agreement, there was one person who remained silent.

Rose turned to address her.

"Veronica, you're the host of our next tea party. Are you all right with Lady Floyen attending?"

As soon as her name was called, the woman who had been wearing a displeased expression the entire time sourly replied.

"Yes, that's fine."