Chapter 61: Planning Our Next Step

Oscar's POV

The Battle of Haven was about a week and a half ago. The Relic is still locked up in the Vault, with the Spring Maiden, Raven Branwen, joining the side of the people trying to save Remnant.

Oscar wakes up in bed, sore from one of Y/N's training sessions...

Oscar: "First rule of Y/N's training..."

He has flashbacks of him being mentally scarred by how ruthless Y/N is in his training when he gets serious. He shudders at the thought of being trained again, even if he knows it's to get him stronger.

Ozpin (mentally): 'Do not talk about Y/N's training?'

Oscar: "AH!"

He falls out of bed from being startled, both by the voice in his head and the rule that is literally not to talk about it. Now on the floor, Oscar contemplates the pros and cons of getting out of bed today.

Ozpin (mentally): 'Did I startle you?'

Oscar: "*sighs* No..." He picks himself up. "I'm just still tired is all." A realization hits him. "Wait, you're back now?"

Ozpin (mentally): 'Yes, I am. I apologize for leaving for so long, but I had to recuperate. When you're only a soul, you find that when you use up so much energy, you take longer to recover.'

Oscar: "That's what we thought. Well, " he starts getting dressed, "we had better tell the others."

Ozpin (mentally): 'Good idea. Given that we're still in Mistral, I imagine everyone's been recuperating. However, we might want to consider our next steps.'

Oscar: "Y/N wanted to wait until you woke up." he tells the disembodied voice in his head as he puts on his shoes.

Ozpin (mentally): 'He's always been a sharp one.'

Oscar has flashbacks to seeing Y/N's sword during training.

Oscar: "Y-Yeah..."

Y/N's POV

Even as grievous as your injuries from your battle with Loke were, you're fully healed now. The rigorous sex you had with Neo, Blake, Nora, and Weiss proves that. Still, you're surprised none of the other girls have really made a move so far... What are they planning...?

It's been tough enough keeping Yang and Raven separated. Raven still hasn't told Yang about the reason for leaving her, as she doesn't want Yang to call her out on her cowardice. You've tried to reassure her that Yang wouldn't do that, but she's still scared.

Oscar: "Hey, Y/N!"

Oscar runs through the hall down to meet you. He looked totally wiped after yesterday's training, but today, he looks up for more. Good.

Y/N: "Hey Oscar. You want to train some more?"

His expression drastically changes.

Oscar: "N-Not right now..." He rubs the back of his neck. "Oh, but I have some good news. Ozpin's awake."

Finally! Before, you didn't want to make a plan without Ozpin as he has the most information and experience with battling Salem. Now that he's back, you might be able to form a cohesive plan of action, though you have thought of a few things already.

Y/N: "Excellent. Let's tell the others and we'll have a meeting after lunch."

Oscar: "Sounds good."

You and he run off to tell the others about the plan. You start to move, but a breeze rolls in, as does a piece of paper.

Y/N: "What's this?"