Chapter 37: Closing In

Y/N's POV

You've rejoined with Qrow and Neo after your side-trip and are following Team RNJR, but since they've stopped for a while, you decide to meditate.

Inside the Boosted Gear

For a while now, you've started going into the Boosted Gear to become more in tune with Ddraig to find a way to control the Juggernaut Drive completely.  This time, you actually see people.

Y/N:  "Woah, who are you guys?"

Ddraig:  "They are the past possessors of the Boosted Gear

Ddraig:  "They are the past possessors of the Boosted Gear."

Y/N:  "This guy looks so young though." you look at one of the guys in front.

Ddraig:  "He is one of the possessors with one of the strongest innate talents.  He unlocked the Juggernaut Drive at a young age, but soon drowned in his own power."

Y/N:  "I, who shall awaken, I am the Heavenly Dragon who stole the principle of Domination from the Gods."

Ddraig:  "Careful, you don't want to accidentally enter it."

Y/N:  "Don't worry, I won't finish it, not unless I absolutely have to.  All of my attempts to fully control it have failed so far."

Ddraig:  "You mustn't fall to the darkness.  Many have tried to conquer it, but all have ultimately failed."

Y/N:  "So all of these guys have had you?"

Ddraig:  "Indeed.  Some of them died before they unlocked my power, but their emotions at the time of their deaths were still drawn in here."

Y/N:  "I won't become like these guys. I can't. I have a job to do."

Ddraig:  "And that is?"

Y/N:  "The same thing as before of course.  I'm going to protect everyone, no matter what.  Even if I have to fully become a dragon."

Ddraig:  "In the coming battles, you may have to.  A fair bit of warning.  As it is right now, try not to use the Juggernaut Drive in a fight, only as a very last resort."

Y/N:  "Why?"

Reality

You have to stop your meditation at Qrow's behest before you can get your answer.

Qrow:  "They're on the move.  Let's go."

RNJR's POV