Chapter 26: Fear

Y/N's POV

Y/N:  "W-where am I?"

The place you're in is dark.  All you see is blackness.

Y/N:  "Hello?  Ddraig?  Svartur?"

You get no response from your two dragons.  You see a light shining in the distance and as you walk towards it, it becomes clearer.

Woman:  "No!  Don't hurt my baby!"

You see a little girl being ripped apart in front of you, her screams being matched only by the amount of blood.

Y/N:  "What is this..."

You see a family of three being attacked by a number of Grimm around you.

Y/N:  "Stop it... STOP IT!"

Your screams fall on deaf ears as countless scenes like the last two play around you.

???:  "...Y/N..."

You see Kiba on the ground in front of you.  He's very badly wounded.

Y/N:  "Wait... I remember this..."

You then see another version yourself swing your sword down towards you.  As soon as the swing connects, everything disappears.

Y/N:  "Where am I?"

???:  "We've finally reached you."

Y/N:  "Wait, that voice... Svartur?  Where am I?"

Svartur:  "Your mind is inside my sacred gear.  What you're seeing are the memories of the countless Grimm you've slain that I absorbed.  More specifically, you're seeing the darkness that you took into yourself during the fight."

Y/N:  "That would make sense why I saw myself.  So what happened after the fight?"

Ddraig:  "Your mother caught you and rushed you to the paramedics after Loke knocked you off the arena.  You haven't been asleep for that long, but you need to wake up."

Y/N:  "Wake up?  Wait, what Loke said about Cinder!  She's going to do something in the next match!"

Ddraig:  "Yes, which is why you must wake up as soon as possible.  We were told by your girlfriends that the next match was postponed until late the day after yours, but you've already been asleep for a while.  I don't know if you can make it in time."

Y/N:  "How can I wake up faster then?"

Svartur:  "You must focus your mind.  Focus on the opposite of what these memories you're seeing represent."

Y/N:  "The opposite of what they represent?"

Svartur:  "To tell you what that means would be pointless.  In order for this to work, you must figure it out yourself."

Y/N:  "Is that so?  I have no time to lose then.  I have to wake up.  For everyone."

Summer's POV

It's been 12 hours since Y/N's fight and Summer hasn't left his side, nor has she slept.  As she is fighting to keep herself awake, Ruby and Yang come in.

Ruby:  "Hey Mom."

Summer:  "Oh hi girls.  There's been no change in his condition.  He hasn't even moved. and Yang? They let you out?"

Yang:  "Yeah, they let me out of house arrest to come see him. When do you think he's going to wake up?"

Summer:  "I don't know.  I know though that I'm going to be by his side when he does though."