Chapter 22: Tastes Like Victory

3rd Person POV

It was time for Penny's match. She and her teammate were up against Russel Thrush and Sky Lark from Team CRDL. Her teammate really wasn't doing much and it looked like Penny was playing around. She probably hadn't been in many sanctioned fights like this and therefore found it fun. She took out some swords and fired them at her opponents, who took cover behind some rocks. Her teammate pointed at her watch and Penny understood. She then picked up the rocks with the swords in them, Russel and Sky on them, and slammed them into the ground, depleting the pair's aura levels and winning the match.

Dr. Oobleck: "And victory goes to Penny and Ciel of Atlas."

Penny: "Thank you for a wonderful time."

Y/N's POV

You're proud that Penny won her match so easily, especially against Team CRDL. They haven't been jerks as much since the Jaune incident, but you still have to keep them in line sometimes. You go down to her to congratulate her.

Y/N: "Hey Penny."

Penny: "Y/N!"

She tackles you to the ground before kissing you. The two of you get up after a few more kisses.

Penny: "Y/N, this is my teammate."

Ciel: "Ciel Soleil."

Y/N: "Hello, I'm-"

Ciel: "Y/N Arc, formerly Rose, 15, hails from Patch; King of Teams RWBY and JNPR, Penny's boyfriend, Status: questionable."

Y/N: "You know, I wasn't going to say this before, but you don't really seem like a teammate. You seem more like a bodyguard. But enough about you, Penny, you were great out there."

Ciel: "Penny, I believe it's time we move on to our next location."

Y/N: "Excuse me, Ciel? General Ironwood gave me custody of one Miss Penny Poledina for the remainder of the tournament. I know you're supposed to be guarding her and all, but could you allow her to be with me for a while? Don't worry, I'll have her check in with you before we go back to my dorm."

Ciel: "Very well Mr. Arc. I shall take my leave then." She leaves you two alone.

Y/N: "So does she know about your... condition?"

Penny: "Oh no, General Ironwood doesn't want anyone to know. I heard he was quite angry when he learned that you found out."

Y/N: "Yeah, you should've seen seen the look on his face when I told him."

Penny: "I wish I could have. Y/N, there's something I've been wanting to talk to you about. I want to stay here, at Beacon, with you."

Y/N: "You know it'll be pretty hard convincing ol' Ironwood to let you do that."

Penny: "Yeah, I know, but I have a plan."

Y/N: "Lets hear it."

Penny: "I-"

You both hear someone calling out to you.

Y/N: "Oh no..."

Summer: "Y/N! Is that another one of your girlfriends?"

Y/N: "Yes Mom, this is Penny Poledina. Penny, this is my mom, Summer Rose."

Penny: "It is a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Rose."

Summer: "Oh please, call me Summer. It is a pleasure to meet you my dear."

Professor Port (on screen): "Our next match will begin in 15 minutes!"