Chapter 20: A Brawl Between Families

You had been fighting Team GLDD for a while now.  You weren't out of breath quite yet, but you were getting there.

Lapis charges at you with her pair of sickles while Gilda uses her blow darts to keep you on your toes.  You dodge a few darts by rolling to the side, but Lapis gets in a lucky hit in on your side.  You kick her away and change your stance to a defensive posture.

Dusk goes in to finish you off with his flail, but you stick the tip of your sword in the chain and fling him over your shoulder.  Dawn, armed with a spear rushes at you, throwing her weapon towards you.  You dodge to the side, but realize she wasn't aiming for you.

Lapis uses the spear as a springboard to launch herself up into the air to perform an aerial attack.

Y/N:  "There must be something I can do...".
You notice Gilda to the side, about to blow darts at you and you get an idea.

You jump into the air, catch Lapis, and use her as a shield for the darts.  You slam her into the ground and while she's stunned for a moment, she gets back up.

Dawn retrieved her spear and goes to stab you with it, but you block it.  Dusk comes up and swings at you.  The blow connects, but only because you jumped up and kicked the spiked ball on the chain away.

Y/N:  "Damn it that hurt!"

You throw your sword up into the air and wrestle the spear from Dawn.  You throw it, grab her, and pile drive her into the ground, catching Svartur as you get back up.

Gilda:  "You really aren't half-bad you know, but I believe it's time to finish this."

Y/N:  "I think we agree on something."

The team gathers in formation around you and stab your sword in the ground.  They charge at you with the exception of Gilda, but that's what you wanted.

Y/N:  "Release!"

A huge dome of black energy erupts from around you and not only repels their attacks, but also knocks the three attackers out of the arena.  Before Gilda knows what happened, you come up behind her and knock her away from you.  You walk up to her, sword in hand, and point it at her.

Y/N:  "Do you yield?"

Gilda:  "I..."

She notices your guard down and delivers a strike to the side of your ribs where your injury was with her blowgun.  As your reel back, you backflip, kicking her in the jaw and sending her flying out of the arena.

Professor Port:  "Y/N Arc has done it!  He has single-handedly defeated Team GLDD!"

Y/N:  "You're damn right I won..."

You wobble away from the arena, clutching your side and using your sword as a cane since your leg still hurts from that kick.

Y/N:  "Still though... something didn't seem right."  You look over and see Dusk berating Dawn.

Dusk:  "You idiot!  You can't do anything right!"

Dawn:  "I'm sorry brother!  Just please stop yelling at me!"  He raises his fist to punch her, but his fist stops.

Y/N:  "You shouldn't do that to your little sister.  Family is important."

Dusk:  "Yeah?  What do you know huh?  What do you know about having such a useless little brat of a sister!?"

You're immediately infuriated and start crushing his fist in your hand.

Dusk:  "Ah ah ow!  Let go asshole!"