Chapter 50: Welcome Back

Raven's POV

Yang: "You weren't kind this time, either." She says as she goes through the portal.

Raven: "I know."

Her daughter's words echoed in her mind as she left. She gave her a choice, right? Does she feel bad because her own daughter didn't choose her? Not that she could blame her. Even putting on a tough act as she did, it still hurt. Raven Branwen could say one thing, and that's that her daughter is as stubborn as she is.

Raven: "*sigh* What an idi-"

???: "Raven!"

She's tackled by a white blur and falls to the ground, interrupting her. Groaning in slight pain, she immediately knows who this is.

Raven: "Well, well, well, I didn't expect to see you. I take it you followed her to me Summer?"

Laying on top of her and hugging her tightly is Summer Rose, Yang's adoptive mother.

Summer: "How come you never visit!?"

Raven: "Ugh, Summer get off me!" she says annoyed.

Vernal: "Leader! What's wrong!?" She notices Summer. "I suggest you get off her. Now." She points her gun.

Raven: "Vernal, stand down. She is not a threat. Or at least, I hope not."

Summer gets off her and they both stand, Summer with a smile on her face and Raven with a very slight grin on hers.

Raven: "Vernal, what time is it?"

Vernal: "It's almost one o'clock. The preparations are made. Now we just need the guest of honor." She says unenthused.

Raven: "Good. I shall fetch him then."

Summer: "Fetch who?" she says confused.

Raven: "Your son, of course."

She opens a portal with her katana and...

Y/N's POV

Right now, you're meditating, going into the Boosted Gear to try and stop the corruption. So far, you haven't had any success.

Y/N: "Ddraig, what do you know about Silver Eyes?"

Ddraig: "They're a bloodline trait that hold tremendous power against the Grimm. My guess is that their true nature lies in the God of Light's, for creation and preservation. However, I've never heard of any Silver-Eyed warriors using their powers that way, so I don't know. Why?"

Y/N: "I've been trying to use my Silver Eyes to restore Svartur to his former self."

Svartur: "I never even considered that possibility. You think I can be restored?"

Y/N: "I don't know. It's a longshot, but ever since I unlocked your Balance Breaker, I've considered it a possibility. Well, even before that, I wanted to."

Flashback

While training with Raven using Svartur to keep up, something happened. A giant Grimm was attracted by the energy you were exuding and tried to kill you both. It was a type of Water Leviathan Grimm, and a big one at that.

Raven: "You go up top!"

You do as she tells you to and jump along its legs to try to reach its head. This was more of a training exercise than a real fight, or so you thought.

The Grimm grabs you and starts squeezing, crushing you in its hand.

Y/N: "FFFFFUUUCCCCKKKK!"

The Leviathan throws you hard towards a mountain in the distance and you fly through the air.