Chapter 2: Awakening

In Y/N's Mind

As you are sleeping, you start dreaming. In your dream, you see a battlefield that you are not familiar with. You see a large dragon of light fighting many Grimm. This scene fades out...

The next thing you know, you see the same dragon of light and the Grimm from before, but now they're... working together? What are they fighting?

You see a large red dragon fighting both the dragon of light and a very large Grimm. The forces clash and you see all three on the ground. Your vision fades into darkness.

The Next Morning

Y/N: "Ah!" you yelp as you wake up.

It seems you're the first person awake as it's early in the morning.

Y/N: "Guess I'll go for a jog to warm myself up for initiation."

As you're on your jog, you see Glynda Goodwitch basking in the morning sun.

Y/N: "Professor Goodwitch! Good morning! It's a lovely day is it not?" you say as you jog up to her.

Glynda: "Mr... Arc, was it? Yes it is a good morning I suppose. What are you doing up so early?"

Y/N: "I could ask you the same thing Professor. It's part of my daily routine to go for a jog first thing in the morning. Why are you here so early in the morning?"

Glynda: "Well, I like to come out here sometimes, when students aren't awake so I can take in the sunshine and the peace and quiet, although sometimes I'm interrupted by students who are out doing morning runs it seems."

Y/N: "I see what you mean. I'm sorry to bother you Professor."

Glynda: "No, it's quite alright Mr. Arc. I rather enjoy the company for a change."

Y/N: "Please just call me Y/N, Professor. I have to get back to run now, but I'll see you at initiation, okay?"

Glynda: "Yes Y/N, I will see you then. Have a nice jog."

As you continue your jog, you start thinking to yourself.

Y/N (thoughts): 'Today's the day. I'll tell them today who I am. But how will they react? Will they be happy to see me?'

You shake off these thoughts and head back to the ballroom where people are starting to get ready for the day. Well, not everybody has woken up yet.

Y/N: "JAUNE ARC YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED RIGHT NOW!"

Jaune: "Ahh!" He looks around confused. "Oh, it's just you. I'll have you know I was having a very good dream with lots of girls and fighting. I was number one."

Y/N: "Yes well we have to get ready for the day and initiation later. You can daydream about girls and fighting until you actually become number two."

Jaune: "Number two?"

Y/N: "Yeah, there can only be one number one, can't there? And you're looking at him."

Jaune: "Now who's talking about dreaming, although if I had to pick, I'd say you're probably the strongest student among the first years."

Y/N: "Oh stop it." You both chuckle. "Now, come on, get up. Let's get breakfast."

The two of you go and get breakfast. Mmm, pancakes. You see that orange haired girl and the black haired boy from yesterday eating. Well, the boy's eating. The girl's pretty spastic and- wait, no she's eating his pancakes now. Poor guy. You overhear them talking and find that the boy's name is Ren and the girl's name is Nora.