Chapter 23: Giving a Choice

Pyrrha's POV
Ozpin's Office

Pyrrha and Ozpin are sitting down at Ozpin's desk, having a chat, while Qrow's standing in a corner of the room having a drink (as he does).

Ozpin: "Well, it comes as no surprise that they've chosen you to move onto the final round of the tournament. Your performance has been exemplary."

Pyrrha: "Thank you, Professor Ozpin, but I would never have made it this far without my teammates and Y/N."

Qrow: "With the exception of Y/N there, I personally think it's the other way around."

She stands up and turns around to see who just spoke.

Pyrrha: "I'm sorry, but I don't believe we've been introduced."

Qrow: "Name's Qrow. I'm Y/N, Yang, and Ruby's Uncle."

Ozpin: "He is also a trusted colleague of mine."

Pyrrha: "Professor, if you don't mind me asking, why have you called me here?" turning back to Ozpin.

Ozpin: "Please, take a seat." She does as she's told as her face is reflecting her confusion as to why she's there. "What is your favorite fairy tale?"

Pyrrha: "I'm... sorry?"

Ozpin: "Fairy tales. Stories from your childhood. Surely you must remember some of them."

She thinks for a moment.

Pyrrha: "Well, there's the Tale of the Two Brothers; The Shallow Sea; The Girl in the Tower-"

Ozpin: "What about the story of the seasons?"

Pyrrha: "Oh, of course!" She starts to tell the story.

Story of the Seasons
"A callous old man who refuses to leave his home visited by four traveling sisters.
The first understands his reclusive nature and urges him to use his time in solitude to reflect and meditate.
The second brings him fruits and flowers, tending to his crops and revitalizing his garden.
The third warms the man's heart, convincing his to step outside and embrace the world around him.
And the fourth and final sister begs him to look at all he has and be thankful.
In return for their kindness, the man grants the maidens incredible powers, so that they may continue to help others all over the world.
They graciously accept, and promise to share their gifts with the people of Remnant until the end of days.

Pyrrha: "Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall.
The Four Maidens. My mother loved that story."

Ozpin: "Would you believe me if I told you that one's been around since I was a boy?"

Pyrrha: "You're not that old Professor."

Ozpin: "Well, would you believe me if I told you it was true?"

This makes Pyrrha uncomfortable.

Pyrrha: "I beg your pardon?"

Ozpin: "What if I were to tell you that there were four maidens existing in this world that could wield such tremendous power without Dust?"

Pyrrha's trying to grasp what Ozpin just said.

Pyrrha: "You mean like a Semblance?"

Ozpin: "Like Magic."

Pyrrha: "I-"

Qrow: "Yeah, first time hearing its pretty crazy."