Chapter 9: Awakening Pt. II

??? (in your mind): 'Where... where am I?"

Y/N:  "Ddraig?  Did you hear that?"

Ddraig:  "I did.  We need to go somewhere to talk, away from the girls.  Take your sword with you.  I don't know what'll happen, so be on your guard."

Y/N:  "Understood."

You walk back in your dorm, where Yang, Weiss, and Blake are waiting.

Y/N:  "Im sorry, I'll be back later.  When Ruby comes back, tell her that I went out."

Blake:  "Where are you going?"

Y/N:  "Out into the forest.  There's something I need to do."

Weiss:  "Why the sudden change?  I thought we were going to come up with a plan."

Y/N:  "I know but..." You wanted to tell them, but you didn't know much yourself. 

??? (in your mind):  "Where am I?  Tell me!?  Who are you!?"

Y/N:  "I'm sorry, I have to go.  It's urgent.  I promise I'll explain everything later."  You grab your sword and quickly leave the room.

Yang:  "Y/N!  ...I'm gonna kill him when he gets back."

Blake:  "It must be bad if he won't tell us.  We just need to trust him."

Emerald Forest

Y/N:  "This far enough Ddraig?"

Ddraig:  "Yes.  As for the voice you heard, it came from your sword."

???:  "Ddraig!?  Is that you?  How are you here?"

Ddraig:  "Yes, I am here, Black One.  I see you have finally awakened from your slumber."

???:  "How long did I lay dormant?"

Ddraig:  "I'm afraid I don't know exactly, but a very long time.  However, my current master has had for you three and a half years now."

???:  "Your master?  I see.  That explains a few things."

Y/N:  "No it doesn't.  My name is Y/N.  Who are you?"

Ddraig:  "He is the sword you've been using for the past few years.  Don't you remember me telling you that he was a sacred gear?"

Y/N:  "Yeah, I just didn't expect him to wake up so soon."  You look at your sword.  "So what's your name?"

???:  "I... have never had a name.  I've  just been referred to as 'The Black One', as Ddraig just did."

Ddraig:  "That's not quite true, but we'll get to that later."

Y/N:  "Never had a name?  Well, let's see... how about Svartur?"

Ddraig:  "Seems a bit lazy.  It's just 'Black' in Icelandic."

Svartur:  "I like it.  And besides Ddraig, your name is just Welsh for 'Dragon'."

Y/N:  "What's 'Icelandic' and 'Welsh'?  I know you're the Welsh Dragon, but I never knew what that meant."

Ddraig:  "Forget about it kid, it's not important.  What is important is knowing what Svartur's alignment is."

Svartur:  "Well... I was stuck in that cave for so long that I do not know what to do.  If you will have me, I'd like to accompany and support you, Y/N.  You seem capable enough of wielding Ddraig's power, so I think you'll be able to wield my own."