Chapter 65: Relighting the Beacon

Y/N's POV
About To Land At Beacon

It's just about time. Beacon is very close now, but surprisingly, there's been no aerial defenses. Is Salem lacking? She does think you're dead at the moment due to Gilda and Quin's gambit, but you'd think she would have more defenses- Wait, scratch that. As the campus is coming into view, you can see a horde of Grimm walking all over the place. It'd take time to clear these things out, even with you fighting.

Dr. Oobleck: "Interesting! Grimm of different species, different strengths, all gathered here on the grounds!"

Glynda: "Please, Barty, we're here on a liberation mission, not a biology lesson."

Port: "Indeed! By the end of the day, no matter what species or how strong it is, all these Grimm will fall to our-"

Dr. Oobleck: "And now they've spotted us." he calmly observes.

He's right. The Grimm are starting to act more organized, acting defensively to your approach. In the distance, you can see a few Giant Nevermores flying about, something you can take care of.

Y/N: "You all know the plan! We gotta secure the landing site for everyone else!"

Oscar's eyes glow, indicating Ozpin's taken control. While you don't normally like that, perhaps this might be best for Oscar's safety. Ozpin can fight better than Oscar can. For now, at least.

Pilot: "Uh oh... The landing pad's full of Grimm! I can't get down there like this!"

The pilot's right. There are dozens, even hundreds of Grimm just waiting down there. Your fist clenches. This won't be easy.

Dr. Oobleck: "Y/N, you should conserve your strength for the upcoming battle. We'll handle this." he smiles confidently.

Y/N: "But-"

Ozpin: "Be confident, Y/N. After all, we aren't just teachers." He turns to the rest. "I hope your time away hasn't dulled your skills and I hope you remember your landing strategies." he tells them with a smile.

He nods to the pilot, who flips a switch to open the loading ramp while midair. Glynda, with her riding crop, Dr. Oobleck with his thermos, Professor Port with his battleax/blunderbuss combo, and Professor Peach with her chakrams all jump out, using various methods to land. 

Glynda, of course, uses her telekinesis to quickly, but safely, lower herself down, swatting away several Grimm to make room to land. Dr. Oobleck's thermos extends and the end lights a fire, burning away a patch of Grimm. Professor Port holds his ax to use the gun, blowing a sizable crater into the landing zone, followed by landing and swinging the ax to kill more. Professor Peach takes a more indirect approach, throwing her chakrams into a tree and using what looks like Gravity Dust to pull herself towards them. She then takes them out and manipulates the Gravity Dust, attracting them to cut a path through and around the Grimm.

Ozpin: "You probably didn't see this side of them when you were still a student, and please mind a bit of arrogance, but there's a reason why Beacon's considered the best Academy out of the four. It's not because of me and being the Headmaster. It's because each of my teachers are so talented in what they do, with their eccentricities being a deciding factor as to how well their skills on the battlefield translate to teaching and vice versa."

Port shoulders his blunderbuss, shooting a heavy round of ammo through several Grimm at once, his thick mustache twitching in satisfaction. He then takes a swing at an Emperor Taijitu, cleaving one of its heads off with a single swipe.

Dr. Oobleck collapses his club, drinks from it as a thermos, then redeploys it, lighting up the area around him. He takes off his backpack and opens it. He takes out a small black and white bundle, tosses it into the air, and, using his club like a bat, drives the bundle through an Ancient Death Stalker.  The bundle harmlessly (to it, not the Grimm) passes through, unfurling and- WHAT!?