Chapter 59: Together

Just so you guys know, this chapter took a while to write seeing as it's so long. Just bear with the length. I think you'll like it.
————————————————————

Blake's POV

The Mistral Police have the entirety of the Haven courtyard surrounded, starting to arrest the White Fang members present. Some of the more persistent ones, like Adam's guards, are giving up without a fight. Three of them stare down Ilia and a group of Menagerie Militia, unyielding. Well, until more militia surround them. While two of them put down their weapons and throw up their arms in surrender, the one in the middle decides to open fire, only to be taken down by Ilia.

Faunus: "Thank you." one of the militia members says to her.

She looks back and nods her head, making sure the White Fang guy doesn't break free.

Adam, however, is visibly strained. Whatever that staff he's using is, it seems to be keeping him in place. For now, anyway. Blake's holding her dad up, as he's unable to move due to its effects. Adam manages to stand up on his own and stares Blake down, infuriated that she's here, standing against him.

Adam: "I'm going to make you regret you ever coming back."

Blake: "More police are on their way, Adam. Huntsmen too."

Ghira: "It's over Adam Taurus. We have the high ground."

Adam: "Hehehe... Still too afraid to face me on your own." he chides.

Blake puts her father down so he can rest and so she can fight Adam if she must.

Blake: "I'm here for Haven, not you." she declares.

Even though she can't fully see due to his mask, she can tell that she's gotten to him. Adam always had to be the center of attention when it came to her. To him, that was a rejection of him and his cause and that's something that he cannot abide. He's even more unhinged, meaning that he could be more dangerous now.

The glow of Adam's purple staff vanishes, with the markings surrounding Ghira's body disappearing as well. His concentration must have broken. He looks at the staff, puts it away, and draws his rifle, with Blake taking out her katana in response. Ghira's still recovering, so he needs a moment.

Adam: "Heh. You are still afraid, and you should be. I've made powerful friends while you've been away."

Sun: "Oh yeah?" He comes strolling in with his staff. "Where?"

Adam: "Tell me," he points his sword at Sun and his rifle at Blake, "does Blake make all of her classmates fight for her?"

Sun: "Nah, it's a volunteer gig. I'm just sayin', for someone who claims to have such great friends, there doesn't seem to be a lot of people here willing to fight for you. Good thing for you that Y/N isn't here or he'd kick your ass." He gains a smirk on his face. "Again."

Adam's rage breaks, but they're all interrupted by something crashing into the ground somewhere inside the school. They look inside the school through the ruined doorway and see what looks like a Golden Lion on top of a Red Dragon, stomping it into the ground.

Blake/Sun: "Y/N!"

Adam: "Hehe... AHAHAHAHAHA! Do you see now, Blake!? That weakling is of no use to you! Loke's finishing him off as we speak! I'll give you one last chance. Join me or die."

She looks Adam straight in the eye.

Blake: "I choose neither. I'm going to believe in Y/N." she confidently declares.