Chapter 25: The Battle Between Kings

Y/N's POV

You and Loke lock blades for a moment.

Y/N:  "You know, you really are strong."

Loke:  "I could say the same about you, but I feel as if you're holding something back."

You disengage and start rapidly slashing at each other.  The speed at which you're fighting at shocks the crowd.

Y/N:  "I've been meaning to ask you Loke, why did you tell me to watch out for Mercury and Emerald?"

Loke:  "Well, you weren't getting it, so I felt as though I needed to give you focus.  However, you figuring out that part of the plan was slightly unexpected, but it doesn't matter.  You can't stop us."

He kicks you in the chest as you can feel some ribs cracking from the force of the kick.

Professor Port:  "I never thought I'd see the day, but it looks like Y/N and Loke are evenly matched!"

Dr. Oobleck:  "It seems you are right!  Y/N is one of Beacon's strongest students, as seen from him climbing the bracket against two of Haven's strongest teams.  However, Loke also fought solo from the start, so it's no wonder that he's powerful as well."

Professor Port:  "Indeed Barty, it certainly- wait, what's this!?"

Loke:  "Looks like it's time to kick it up a notch.    Get ready Y/N!"

When he says this, an aura of light surrounds him, making the ground beneath you shake.  You go around to the side and swing your sword at him, but he blocks it easily with his battle axe.  He then sends you flying, almost knocking you off the stage.

Y/N:  "I knew you had more power in there.  Now, let me show you mine!  Svartur!"

Your muscles increase and you gain a slight black aura as you start to power your body with Svartur.

Loke:  "So this is the Grimm semblance I was told about.  I can feel your power, the fear of it, from here.  I'd better watch out for that."

Y/N:  "The only thing you should watch out for is my sword!"

You perform a thrust to his stomach, which he barely blocks.  Even with that large battle axe, he's still very fast.  There was no change in terrain, so it's not like you can set up a trap against him like you did with Team QWSI.

Loke:  "As expected from the Red King.  Do you know much about the King pieces Y/N?""

Y/N:  "I was told that they present themselves to only the worthiest of individuals and their color reflects the heart of the one who holds it.  They grant the right to command multiple teams as well."

Loke:  "While that is all true, there's one other thing that I know about them."

This leaves you visibly confused and wanting clarification.

Loke:  "They grant the right to rule!  To command armies!  They present themselves to those who have great potential to be a strong leader!  The other thing that I know about them is that the people who have these pieces are always destined for great things and that they follow their own path.  Y/N, we're both Kings.  These fools here would only hold you back!  Ozpin lies to you while you just do his bidding!  Join our side."

You think for a moment before answering.

Y/N:  "Join you?  Why would I ever join you!?  My friends and family are too important to me and I trust Professor Ozpin!  I'm staying right here with them!"

You unleash a startling blow to him that sends a shockwave to the crowd.  Loke barely has enough time to block it.  The look on his face says otherwise.