Chapter 58: Epiphany

Y/N and Loke are still in the sky, fighting. In contrast to before, where Loke was taunting Y/N about losing control over himself, now Loke's starting to feel the effects of the mind-control serum placed upon the Regulus, now that he's merging with it.

Loke: "Y/N MUST DIE!"

He grabs Y/N's tail and starts swinging him around in a circle, building up speed and throwing him further into the sky. He charges up an energy beam into the axe, slicing through the clouds and Y/N with all of his might. The slash causes a deep gash across Y/N's chest and blood to burst out. In response to Loke's attack, without any regard for his or anyone else's safety, Y/N flies down and fires a black and red beam from his mouth towards Loke, engulfing him in the beam. The beam hits and the stray parts of it that don't hit him blow up a mountain in the distance, causing a rockslide of the remaining part of the mountain.

With Ruby and Yang

The sisters are staring down Mercury and Emerald, the opponents they have the more personal stake in fighting. At the same time, they fire from their weapons to lunge forward, catching the duo off guard. This doesn't last for long though, as Mercury kicks Ruby's scythe out of her hands.

Mercury: "Uh-oh, what're you gonna do now?" he mocks.

He throws a punch, but thanks to her previous training, she knows to duck, headbutting him in the nose immediately after. She picks up her scythe as he's recovering.

Ruby: "Whatever it takes to shut you up."

With Jaune and Nora

Nora: "You guys doing okay?"

Weiss is still unconscious, but her breathing is mostly back to normal. The green light coming from Jaune's hands is concentrated on her wound, almost healing her completely.

Jaune: "I-I think so. She's coming to! I just wish this would go faster..."

Nora: "How about you don't complain and just be thankful you unlocked your Semblance when you did."

Jaune: "My Semblance?" he asks confused.

Nora: "How else do you think you're healing her, dummy?"

He looks back to the rings on his fingers, still unsure of exactly what they are.

Jaune: "I don't think that's it. I'm healing her, but I don't think it's my Semblance. It doesn't feel like I'm using my Aura right now. It feels... different. It's whatever these rings are, I think. Remember how Y/N unlocked Ddraig? It's because Ruby was in danger. Maybe..."

Weiss's eyes flutter open, looking at Jaune lazily.

Weiss: "Jaune...?"

Nora looks back over to Ren facing Hazel. Ren dodges one of Hazel's strikes, but is then punched in the gut, sending him flying towards the wall. Hazel then charges up an electric blast and fires it at him, electrocuting him and making him fall to the ground.

Nora: "REN!"

Jaune: "Go! I've got her!" he instructs Nora.

She goes to help Ren, leaving Weiss and Jaune alone, but away from the battle.

Weiss: "Jaune...?" she repeats, "...w-what's happening?"

Jaune: "You took a heavy hit." he explains. "You need to stay with me while the others fight."

Weiss: "That's... *scoff* annoying."

Jaune: "Heh. Good to have you back, Weiss."

Weiss: "Where is he? Y/N..."