Chapter 46: Dread Everywhere

Lionheart's POV

Sitting at his desk in shame, Leonardo Lionheart looks up when he hears Dr. Watts walk in the door. There's a small silence between them and Watts has an evil grin on his face. They go to the left side of the room, where Lionheart opens a secret door. They go down the hallway and come to a small alcove, where a small, orb-like Grimm is being held.

Watts: "After you." he pushes Lionheart forward.

Lionheart: "Your Grace, are... are you there?"

A red mist fills the Grimm as Salem and Cinder's faces become visible on the formerly black orb.

Salem: "Hello Leonardo. Do you have something to report?"

Lionheart: "Of course, ma'am. I would not waste your time if not."

Watts: "I'm still just so fascinated by this creature." he says coming up to it. "Cinder dear, are-are we coming through? Can you see us clearly? Well, as clearly as you can."

Cinder: "Shut... up."

Watts: "Oh, goody. You've recovered." he says sarcastically.

Salem: "Your report. What is it?" she says patiently.

Lionheart: "I-I've found the Spring Maiden."

Salem: "Is that so? Well done." she says with a smile. "Arthur, had I known how useful you'd be in expediting this process, I would have sent you long, long ago."

Watts: "As much as I'd love to take the credit, ma'am, I can't say either of us are to thank for this development. I guess you could say a little birdie told us."

Salem: "Explain." she says calmly.

Lionheart: "You see, ma'am, Qrow Branwen arrived at Haven Academy earlier today. He believes Spring has taken residence with his sister's tribe."

Cinder: "Is... the boy... with him?"

Watts: "No, Mr. Rose was not here. It's likely he's still with Raven Branwen, which could spell trouble for us."

Salem: "Do you know of the tribe's location?"

Lionheart: "Yes ma'am, but you have to hurry! Qrow is already with odds at my-"

One of the tentacles of the Grimm shoots out and wraps around Lionheart's throat, choking him hard. As he's gasping for air, Salem speaks with an angry, but still calm, look.

Salem: "Leonardo. Do you remember the first time we met?" She pulls him to his knees. "I remember. I remember your fear. But, since that day, you've been extraordinarily brave. I won't forget all that you've done for me. Do not forget everything I can do to you." The Grimm points another spiked tentacle at his face.

It lets him go, leaving him to recover from the choking.

Salem: "Cinder. You and your team will meet with Doctor Watts and together, convince Raven Branwen that the survival of her people depends on her cooperation. Once you have Spring under control, escort her to the Relic and contact Hazel. The White Fang was promised the destruction of Haven, and they'll have it once we get what we need."

Watts: "What if the boy is there?"

Salem: "Loke's team has informed me that Y/N Rose is traveling in Anima. So you have nothing to fear there. "

Watts: "Understood."

Salem: "Not you Arthur. Tyrian's in need of a new tail."

Watts: "What happened to his old one?" he says slightly annoyed.