Chapter 14: The Reason Why

Y/N: "Dr. Oobleck?"

Dr. Oobleck: "Yes Y/N. Those bags you have won't be necessary. As we are on what now what is essentially a reconnaissance mission, I can assure you we will not be establishing a single base of operations. Rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable location we may stumble upon. I have packed all the essentials and put them on the airship. Also, thank you for remembering my PhD. You always were one of my favorite students."

Yang: "Who's a teacher's pet?"

Y/N: "You're just mad because my teachers actually like me."

Yang: "Why you little- come here! Let me kick your ass!"

Y/N: "No thanks."

Dr. Oobleck: "Alright, let us be off. According to my schedule, we are already 3 minutes behind." He goes to the airship.

Ruby: "So we'll be saving the world with Dr. Oobleck okay yeah, that sounds worse than I thought."

Team JNPR comes up.

Nora: "Save. the world? You're going on world-saving missions without us?? I'm hurt! Sad! Maybe a little hungry? The last one's not my fault though, Y/N."

Ever since you started dating Nora, you did Ren a favor and started cooking her food.

Jaune: "Sounds exciting. Where are you going? We're going outside the kingdom to shadow a sheriff in a town. It was Ren's idea. We set out tomorrow."

Neptune and Sun walk up.

Sun: "Then you can party with us tonight."

Neptune: "We're shadowing a crime specialist by the name of Police Chief Azazel. All inner-city detective stuff."

Sun: "Yeah, we're gonna be Junior Detectives!"

Y/N: "Azazel huh? I'll be right back. Gotta go make a call."

After a few minutes, you come back.

Y/N: "Alright, where were we? Oh yeah. We're also going outside the kingdom, to the Southeast."

Dr. Oobleck: "6 minutes!"

Ruby: "Well uh, wish us luck!"

The five of you board the airship headed for the Southeast and Weiss is talking to Oobleck.

Weiss: "I guess I never saw you as much of a fighter."

Dr. Oobleck: "I admit I fancy myself more of an intellectual, but I can assure you, as a huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussles. Besides, given my expertise in the field of history, as well as my dab kings in the art of archaeological surveys, our dear headmaster saw it fit to assign me to this particular assignment."

Weiss: "What does history have to do with this."

Dr. Oobleck starts to speak, but you cut him off.

Y/N: "History has to do with everything Weiss. It's what forms our society. Think if it like this: the Southeast quadrant of Vale is home to wild forests and deep caves. It's also the location to one of the kingdoms greatest failures."

Ruby: "Mountain Glenn."

Yang: "That's right, it was an expansion of Vale. But in the end, it was overrun by Grimm and fenced off from the rest of the city."