Sixty Seconds

The alarm on the bedside table rang.

A hand reached to stop it from making a sound.

Dahyun groans and stretches, eyes still closed. She looked for the warm body that she assumed snuggled up to her. But there wasn't. 

She quickly opened her eyes, she realized she was alone in bed.

Dahyun frowned before sitting up, but her attention went to the purple sticky note just beside the alarm clock. And her mood immediately shifted and chuckles as she took it.

'You better get up. I got some clothes ready for your work, and breakfast is on the table. Love ya'

Dahyun smiled at the small note that was written by Sana.

Still, the thoughtful and caring Girlfriend that she is.

She must've woken up earlier than she should just to be early for her work.

She got up from her bed and decided to wash her face and brush her teeth.

As she got out from the bathroom and wiped her face,

Dahyun's phone rang.

She searched for it, and it took a second for her to find it. She checked who the caller was.

It was Sana.

She instantly answered the call, guessing that Sana must have forgotten something out of hurrying.

But she guessed it wrong….

"Hello, is this Kim Dahyun?" It was an unfamiliar voice of a woman. Dahyun could also hear some voices on the background. Murmurs and sirens.

"Yes, who...who is this?"

"I am Police Officer Yoo, are you related to Minatozaki Sana?"

Dahyun felt a jolt on her chest, suddenly feeling the fear and anxiety, "Yes, I'm her Girlfriend. Why are you holding her phone?" She was now frowning.

"Miss Kim, I am sorry to inform you, but your Girlfriend got hit by a car.."

Silence.

It was deafening…

Her heart was beating loudly, and it was the only thing she could feel right at this moment.

Dahyun doesn't know what to react to nor what to say.

Maybe she just heard it wrong...

"And..she didn't make it. She was dead on the spot as soon as we got here.."

A phone dropped on the floor.

"Miss Kim, I am so sorry for your loss, but you need to come here asap. The location--"