Letting Go

[Sorry in advance]

---------------

"You will never be happy if you continue to hold on to the things that make you sad."

Dahyun turned around and found Sana standing just behind her. She was sitting on one of the benches in the park. She was waiting for the Japanese girl. Sana invited her to hang out, get coffee and just talk.

Dahyun stood up, tapping the imaginary specks of dust from her clothes. "What's with the wisdom quote, Shakespeare? Is that your way of distracting me that you're late?" And she raised her eyebrows playfully.

Sana giggled, hands placed on the pocket of her brown coat as she took a deep breath. "You got me there" and she flashed a smile, cheeky, but the glimmer on her eyes was different.

Dahyun looked at the coffee shop just across the road. "Come on, I've been craving a hot chocolate. Your treat you said" and grins at Sana, who was already looking at her, or was she spacing out?

Her eyes were unreadable, but Dahyun shook the thought of it

------------------

Sana invited Dahyun to hang out.

Reasons? There's a lot.

Dahyun just broke up with her Girlfriend a week ago, and it was hard for Dahyun, until now, her sadness is visible in front of their friends. Putting a smile that couldn't even quite reach her eyes. Quiet. And just not so Dahyun.

Sana wanted to at least distract Dahyun from the thought of her. Maybe, just maybe she would forget about her for at least a day.

And guiltily, wanting to see Dahyun was her main reason,

And what was Sana's reason?

Sana averted her gaze from Dahyun who was busy drinking her hot chocolate, instead, she looked at the glass window, watching vehicles and people passing by the busy street.

"So how was your Mom?" Dahyun spoke, following Sana's gaze, and watched outside the window.

The Japanese flashed a small smile. "Getting better day by day" and Dahyun nodded. Sana's mom was in the hospital for six months now, fighting her breast cancer. Sana's visits there every morning until afternoon, and her Father took the rest of the time. She needs a rest, that's what her Father always says despite her protests.

"That's a good thing"

"It is" Sana added, nodding her head. Her grip on her cup of coffee tightened because really, there's a lot to talk about, things to talk about, but somehow she couldn't even put a word, start a conversation with her.

But it was still enough. Dahyun's presence was enough. Seeing her smiling was enough. Enough for her to at least forget how her life is sucking her drain for the past few months.

Then there was silence.

Dahyun sighed.

"Thank you for accompanying me, Sana-chan. I know you're busy but you still managed to invite me out" she spoke softly, a genuine smile plastered on her face, and Sana couldn't hide the smile showing on her face either. "I just realized how we both needed this.."

"No biggie" Sana stated. Really, it's not a big deal, accompanying her was her choice. She wanted to forget the harsh world for at least a couple of hours with Dahyun. She should be the one thanking her, because Dahyun has been her stress reliever, without putting effort nor knowing it, Dahyun has been calming her heart and mind from the cruelty of reality. Just her presence. That's what she wanted.