Chapter 20: Biana POV

A/N Okay, if you don't get my song choice, I have one sentence for you:

Sofitz is a ship that will always sink.

So, BURN THE (Sofitz) SHIP

AND DON'T YOU LOOK BACK

SiSi out.

"I can't believe you," I snapped at Fitz.  I was standing in the doorway to his bedroom.  He was sitting on his bed reading a book with a goofy grin on his face.  I shook my head at his too happy expression.

"What do you mean?" he asked, his smile fading. "And why have you been acting so weird?"

"You don't see it?" I shot back. "How much you've hurt him?"

"Him?" Fitz questioned. "Who?"

"Oh, I don't know--maybe your best friend?" 

"Keefe? What did I do to him?"

"It's not what you did, it's what you took."

"I didn't steal anything from him!"

"You stole his chance."

"Chance? Biana, what are you talking about?"

"I don't think you and Sophie are right for each other."

"Well I don't care what you think!" he yelled, rising to his feet.

I didn't flinch.  

He did this a lot.  It was just his personality.  But sometimes I wished he would change.  

Surprise me for once.

Not get angry for once.

"Sophie doesn't deserve someone who is going to yell at her and get angry at her. I just can't believe she doesn't see it. She can be so blind sometimes..."

"You're wrong, Biana," he snapped. "Sophie and I are perfect for each other!"

"Fitz, you dared her to get back together with you--"

"I just dared her to go out on a date!"

"Right in front of Keefe."

"Why do you keep bringing up Keefe? Keefe has nothing to do with this!"

"Keefe has everything to do with this," I snapped. "Sophie just doesn't see it."

Fitz scoffed. "It's just a dumb crush. He'll get over it."

"I don't think he will," I replied quietly.  With that, I walked out of the bedroom, leaving an infuriated Fitz behind.

A/N Okay, I know Fitz can be a little...too much sometimes, but he's a protagonist and I don't like when people hate on him and make him seem more evil than the neverseen...

So, yes, he is being selfish now, but it's because he has major anger issues, he thinks he loves Sophie, and he doesn't realize that Keefe actually loves Sophie. 

But he's not evil.

And he does have a heart.

So please don't get mad at me if I don't make Fitz seem superhorribleandterribleandawfulandworsethantheneverseen.

Fitz POV

Did Biana think I was a horrible person?  That I didn't deserve Sophie?

Did all my friends think I was a terrible person?

I felt myself drifting downward into the darkness.  Down, down, down.  

But then Biana's words echoed in my mind.

I don't think he will.

What had she meant?

Did Keefe like Sophie more than like a small crush?  

I felt guilt crawling up my back, inching toward my mind--

Keefe had already been through so much.  His dad, his mom, the neverseen...

But Sophie didn't like Keefe as anything more than a friend.  

She liked me.  She had agreed to be my girlfriend again, hadn't she?

Guilt still tingled at my neck, drawing closer to my sanity.  

Why was I still feeling guilty?

Keefe never had a chance with Sophie.  She had liked me from the beginning.

But there was still something there that blocked me from feeling fully calm.

It felt like when you had the right word on the tip of your tongue, but you couldn't quite remember it.

Or like when you could remember the beat of a song but couldn't sing it aloud. 

The memories that zoomed through my head made me realize all those small moments that Keefe had showed that he truly loved Sophie.

As more than friend.

I pushed the guilt away.

I would not lose my sanity.

Especially over something like this!  Something that had a simple solution. 

I loved Sophie.

Sophie liked me back.

We were now boyfriend and girlfriend and no matter what Keefe felt, it didn't matter.

Because Sophie was mine.

A/N I am not a prize to be won!

That's right! But Fitz doesn't understand that.

That is why Fitz is not meant for her.

KEEFE IS.

Anyways...

Ciao,

SiSi

So light a match, leave the past, burn the ships

And don't you look back

Okay, I'm just going to post the lyrics here, because they are so perfect for Sofitz...

reading is optional.

(my commentary in bold! 😉)

How did we get here? seriously, how?
We're castaway on a lonely shore Sofitz just isn't meant to be
I can see in your eyes, dear yes, poor dear Sokeefe shippers
It's hard to take for a moment more right there with you
We've got to (yes....?)

Burn the ships, YES! cut the ties YES
Send a flare into the night YAS!
Say a prayer, turn the tide LET'S DO THIS
Dry your tears and wave goodbye no tears to cry, but I will wave goodbye! BYE SOFITZ. FOREVER

Step into a new day with Sokeefe
We can rise up from the dust and walk away walk away Sophie
We can dance upon the heartache, yeah stomp on that heartache!
So light a match, YES leave the past, Sofitz is in the past burn the ships YAS
And don't you look back