Chapter 70: Bridget POV

A/N I went back a few chapters to make sure I hadn't already put this song on a chapter, but then I noticed that I repeated the song, 'Fight on, Fighter'. You guys can see I like that song, lol. I'm going to go change in now, though. ; ) 

Don't forget to listen to the song above! :D

SiSi out.

When we arrived at the battle scene, a goblin that I assumed was on our side tossed me and Audrey a sword.

The Order of the Guardian's physician, Altha, had gone to the hospital to give us elfin treatment. My broken leg and Audrey's broken arm had healed a thousand times quicker than it could have with human medicine.  

We were completely back to normal.

Lady Gisela only had three other people with her, and I didn't recognize any of them.

One elf charged toward me, and I quickly blocked his sword.  I could feel his strength through his blade as he tried to push me to the ground.  I jumped back so I was leaning forward instead of backward and all my weight and strength was pushing against his.

We stared into each others eyes, each of us trying to get the other to back down.  His eyes were dark and emotionless.

Just like Lady Gisela's.

Keeping my emotion still and unsuspecting, I suddenly turned to the right, knocking him forward.  I kept turning and held my sword out, knocking his out of his hand.  It went flying and Audrey caught it on the edge of her sword.  She threw it up and caught it with her free hand.  She skillfully used her two swords against the elf she was fighting.

Something flashed in my peripheral vision.  I quickly blocked it and found myself face to face with the elf I had de-armed.

Except he had a backup dagger.

I mentally hit myself for not noticing the small scabbard strapped to his thigh.

Our clashing eyes met again, but I wasn't in the mood to to use the staring trick.  

He knew it, and he knew it well.

Hiding emotions when you were that close was incredibly difficult.

And that was the easiest way to tell your opponent's next move.

If I was far enough away, I could simply move forward for my hit and then quickly leave before he could strike back.

It was the way a skillful fighter sparred.

I jumped into a back handspring and landed a few feet away.

The elf growled in frustration and charged forward.

I moved away and stayed at a safe distance, only coming in for my hits.

I could see the anger and frustration consuming his emotions and mind.

He wasn't like Lady Gisela.

He couldn't hide what he felt as masterfully as she.

Then he grew so angry that he threw his dagger at my face.  I moved out of the way and it just grazed my cheek, landing on the tree behind me.

I quickly ran over to it, pulled it out, and held it in my free hand.

The elf I had been fighting carefully pulled something out of his pockets.

Throwing stars.

But they glistened in the fading sun.

Posion.

He threw them--lighting speed--and I barely managed to dodge and block them with the two blades I held.  

Soon, he ran out of throwing stars and charged forward with nothing but his bare hands.

I quickly turned into a hook kick and hit him right in the jaw.

He went down--unconscious.

I heard the sound of a medler.  I turned and saw that Sophie had shot Lady Gisela, and she had fallen to the floor, unmoving.

I heard a scream and watched as they all ran toward the sound.

I didn't have time to see what the scream was.

I just had to hope Sophie and her friends could deal with whatever it was.

I looked around and saw that my sister had taken down the elf she was fighting.  The elf Sandor and Ro had been fighting was on the ground.  Ro was looking down at her claws as Sandor spoke to her in his squeaky voice.

But then I saw flashing lights appearing around us.  

When the lights faded, about twenty elves stood before us.

And I had a feeling they weren't on our side.

How had they gotten here?

Lady Gisela was unconscious!

She couldn't have--

"Surprised?" a voice questioned behind me.

A voice I knew belonged to Lady Gisela.

I turned around and saw Lady Gisela standing with her hands on her hips, a chilling smile plastered on her face.

She lifted her tunic shirt and revealed a thick vest underneath. "Blocks any electrical shocks coming from the melder," she commented, patting it confidently. "It also keeps blades from piercing the skin. Quite useful, don't you think?"

I swallowed as I realized that we were completely surrounded.

A/N I know it took a bit longer than usual to publish, but I didn't get to it until today. I hope you guys enjoyed and don't forget to comment! 

Ciao,

SiSi