Chapter 86: Olivia's POV

A/N The song above is perfect for this chapter!! You should listen!! :D

SiSi out.

"Ruy." Lady Gisela's voice echoed in the large, empty room. "You betrayed us. You chose the wrong team." Her eyes flashed as she jumped forward, landing her hands on Ruy's wrists, which were tied to a metal chair. "Do you know what we do to traitors?"

I could see the man swallow thickly, but I still saw him gag from very unwanted bile in his throat.

I wasn't sure what they did to traitors, but I knew it wasn't butter on biscuits.

"Adele!" Lady Gisela yelled. "Come to room B--we need you."

The thick metal doors swung open and a tall blonde girl stomped in, her hands on her hips. Her face was set on a smirk, but it was nothing like the one I had seen a few times on her blonde brother.

"What is it you need, mother?" the girl questioned, her icy eyes piercing through my soul.

I gasped, my eyes going wide as I stared at the no longer nameless girl. But her cold glare turned my surprise into a shiver, and I quickly turned away from her horrible gaze.

Her heeled boots clanked against the stone floor as Adele made her way to Ruy. Her eyes had left mine and were now focused on the man, who now looked like terrified little boy waiting for his mother to spank him.

But this was no spanking, that...I knew for sure.

Adele made it to Ruy, her tall form casting a dark shadow over the helpless man. Her smirk grew at Ruy's growing fear, her emotionless eyes not leaving her target.

Her arms didn't shake or hesitate as she locked her hands around his already sore arms. Ruy sucked in a quick breath, the pain evident on his face.

Suddenly I watched the ropes keeping in prisoner fall to the floor and Ruy's eyes widen in realization and fear.

Then I saw the smoke—

Before the scream.

It was something I would never be able to get out of my head. It would just continue playing over and over on repeat in my head, never stopping. Never ending.

It was that one sound that could haunt you for life.

My breathing turned heavy, and I tried not to look at Ruy's twisted face. My jaw shook as tears fell rapidly down my face.

I couldn't handle it.

It was too much.

This world.

These people.

I wish I had never found out I was an elf.

In fact, I wish I wasn't an elf.

I had all these powers, and yet they were completely useless. I couldn't control them, and I couldn't risk it.

But I so badly wanted to blow the two evil woman away from Ruy and make them suffer like he was.

My whole body was shaking, and I wasn't sure if I was still breathing. The tears burned my eyes like the flames burning Ruy's skin. My body shook like his did. And the pain in his eyes matched the fear in mine.

Then everything went black.

A/N Yes, I know, another short chapter. But I will try to make another one tomorrow!! It's really late, so I finished this quickly--that's why it isn't long.😭

Ciao,

SiSi