Chapter 36: Sophie POV

A/N Yes, this is forty-one minutes of spy music.

...

SiSi out.

I heard conversation nearby.  I pulled my friends behind a large waste bin and I peeked over the smelly top.

There were seven children that looked around my age.  Emma was with them, and I recognized her sister, Sienna.

"Have you ever waltzed before?" a girl with brown hair and brown eyes questioned the twins.

"We have," Sienna replied. "We did it when we lived in the Lo--Louisiana. With our...parents. Yeah, they loved ballroom dancing..." 

She looked down sadly.

I covered my mouth when I realized what she was going to say.

When they had lived in the Lost Cities.

"It looks really nice," the brown haired girl replied, nodding.

Emma put an arm around her sister.

I couldn't help the small tear that slipped down my cheek.

We had to get them home.

"We should get inside," a brown haired boy with glasses said.

The rest of the group nodded, and they disappeared inside the building.

I turned back to my friends and dad and saw that they were close behind me, no doubt trying to hear everything.

"They went inside," I said. "They were with some other kids."

"What are we going to do?" Biana asked. "We can't just burst onto their set, say cut, and drag them back to the lost cities! How do we even know they want to come back? I mean...their life seems really nice."

"And who was that boy with them?" Linh questioned. "He looked like an elf."

"No...it couldn't be," Grady murmured. 

"What is it?" I inquired.

"The council sent a boy away to Exilium after his parents reported small explosions in his room," Grady began. "They were from the boy's inventions. I believe he disappeared from there around the same time as as Emma and Sienna."

"Wait, you know about the twins?" I asked.

Grady nodded. "The council's memories were erased, but mine wasn't. But I didn't get involved by their order, I got involved...by accident."

A/N DUN DUN DUN! Cliffhanger!

Anyways, I'll leave you with that...

Ciao,

SiSi