Chapter 55: Biana's POV

Something was happening to the Long Twins.

Something horrible.

They had their eyes shut tight in concentration and pain. 

I wrapped my arms around Sienna to keep her from falling.

But she fell to her knees anyway.

There were silent tears running down her face. 

But Emma was screaming.

This was about the two people who had appeared out of nowhere and looked like Emma and Sienna.

"DON'T YOU THINK IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO TELL US WHO YOU ARE? AND WHAT YOU DID TO THE LONG TWINS?" Keefe yelled at them.

"After we make sure that they are fine," one of the two women said.

Keefe sighed.  He probably knew that he wasn't going to win this.  

At least he had some common sense.

After a few minutes, Sienna opened her eyes, breathing heavily.

Not long after, Emma also opened her eyes, gulping in the air.

The first thing she said was, "Sienna?"

"Sienna's right here. Don't worry," I assured her.

Tam, who had been quiet until now, spoke up. "What happened?" he asked them, voicing the question all of us wanted to know the answer to.

"Memories." Was the only answer he got from Sienna.

"What did you do to them?" Sophie asked, directing the question towards the mysterious women.

"We didn't do anything," one of hem answered. "Are you okay, Emma and Sienna?" She strode over and kneeled down in front of Sienna.

"What--No-Stop-You-You-You left us," Sienna stuttered.

The woman sighed. "I know," she said. "We regret that very much. But it had to be done. For your safety and others. We're so very sorry."

"But-but-that doesn't fix it!" Emma snapped, standing in front of her sister.

Protecting her.

"We had to suffer! We had to get banished, go to Exillium, take care of Asher, and fight the Neverseen!" Sienna retorted, not stumbling over her words anymore.

"And all by ourselves!" Emma added.

"Sure, we had friends, but they were human and didn't know about elves. And even if they did find out yesterday, they can't do anything!" Sienna continued.

"Woah! Slow down tigers!" the woman said, holding her hands in front of her like a stop sign.

"Who is Asher? And why did the humans find out about elves? And who are the Neverseen?" she asked.

I went over to stand with Sophie, Tam, and Keefe, knowing that this conversation was between only them now. 

Sienna and Emma exchanged glances before Emma invited everyone into the trailer to talk.

"Come on. Everyone. We'll talk inside," she said.

Once everyone was inside, Sienna made sure the door was locked before the twins started talking.

"We found Asher when he was just a little baby," Emma started. "When we were still young, we had a hideout in the Lost Cities because no one should know about us." 

I was confused, but I kept listening.

"And so, we heard that his parents wanted to disown him and no one wanted to adopt him," Sienna continued, tears coming to her eyes. 

"He was going to go to a special place before he went to Exillium. But at the last moment, we took him with us," Emma explained. "After that, we were scared of getting caught. We ran away to the Forbidden Cities." 

"But at one point, he needed to go to Exillium because he wanted to learn something. So we let him," Sienna told us. "That was when we saw Sophie and her friends."

"Okay...and what about the Neverseen?" one woman asked.

"The Neverseen were defeated by Sophie and her friends," Sienna answered. "Keefe's mom was part of them, and they attacked us from left and right. After they were defeated, we forgot to capture Keefe's mom, and she started the Remember Refugees again." 

Keefe looked ashamed and guilty.

"Okay, and what about the humans?" the same woman asked.

Wow....this lady asks a lot of questions for someone who's older than us.

I just realized that I don't even know the two lady's names!

Why would Emma and Sienna trust people who won't tell us their names?

Or do they know them?

It actually seemed like they know them.

But why didn't they introduce themselves to us?

I decided to take matters into my own hands.

"Well, they have a friend named Olivia, and she manifested, and we found out that she was an elf, and she couldn't control it in front of the humans, so they saw, and we had to explain everything to them, and Emma and Sienna trusted them, so they promised to keep it a secret, and now we don't know where Olivia is--I'm guessing because she's not here," I blurted out.

The two women looked shocked for a moment.

But that's when we heard a knock on the door.

It was late.

No one should have been awake.

The twins had to go to sleep, but they said they could manage.

Buuutt....who was at the door?

Olivia?

Hey guys Emma here! I know that Sisi just updated but I wanted to update sooo.....yeah...I just wanted to say, anyone can DM me for ANYTHING! Don't hesitate! I will get back to you in the next 24 hours if you DM me. You can tell me anything. I'm here to listen and help.