Chapter 81: Sophie POV

A/N SiSi here! And by the way guys, the song above is perfect for this chapter so please listen to it! Thanks ;D

SiSi out.

I stared at Keefe's confused face, my face beginning to match his own.

"What?" I breathed. "What are you talking about Keefe?"

"How do you know my name?" the boy questioned alarmingly.

He lifted himself from the cot he was laying in and backed away from me.

Like I was the enemy.

The Remember Refugees.

"You don't know who I am?" I asked, barely holding back the tears.

I stared at his serious face and couldn't help the small tear that slipped down my face.

"What did you do to him!?" I screamed into the empty darkness. The burning hot tears streamed down my face tenfold.

No.

This couldn't be happening.

THIS HAD TO BE A DREAM.

I thrust myself against the door, but it was locked. Keefe's sister must have left while I was distracted. I should have kept a watchful eye on her.

I grounded my teeth angrily and threw myself against the door again.

Pain shot through my body, telling me that this nightmare...was no dream.

I cried out as the tears fell down faster and faster. I sunk to the floor and buried my face in the palms of my hands. The sobs overcame me in an overwhelming sense of dread.

I had just gained him.

And now I lost him.

I felt uncontrollable anger toward my past obliviousness.

Everything I had said that had yeeted him into the friend category. (I just had to ;D It was too emotionally tense)

I had hurt him in so many ways.

He's a friend.

I love Fitz.

My favorite color is teal...

The words swarming through my head burned my heart until it broke.

Suddenly a warm hand touched my back, carefully and unsurely.

"I'm...sorry," a low voice murmured. "I wish I remembered." Then the boy with no memory pulled me into an uncomfortable hug, rubbing my back hesitantly.

Even though he didn't remember who I was, he was still trying to comfort me.

What did I do to deserve someone like him?

Nothing.

I did nothing to deserve him.

But he wasn't even mine anymore.

Because...he didn't know who I was.

A/N Very emotional chapter! Sorry my chapters aren't longer, I struggle with not making things so...✨dramatic✨ 

Anyways...

Ciao,

SiSi