Chapter 73: Tam POV

A/N Hey guys! SiSi here! You want to know what autocorrect did to my nickname today? It 'corrected' it to Sumi. If only robots had brains...

Anyway.

I hope you enjoy the chapter!

SiSi out.

"Sophie!" I cried as I saw my little sister crumple to the floor.  I turned to look at the owner of the dark red light.  I stepped back as my eyes met ice-blue ones. 

The same shade as Keefe's.

The girl that had caused Sophie's current state smirked at me as her hair blew around her evil face--just like in the movies.

"New people who wish to challenge me?" she questioned.  

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Emma's hands turn into fists.  She took a step forward, as if using her confidence to answer the girl's question. "You're outnumbered," Emma growled. "Give up now."

The girl let out a mocking gasp. "I guess you don't want to waste your precious time on me, considering how much your friends need help," she replied.  I looked over toward the open field past the forest we were in.  Twenty elves surrounded the rest of our small group.

And it looked like more were arriving.

"Don't worry," the girl continued. "I'll make it quick." Suddenly she rushed toward my head with her sword.  My eyes quickly shut out of instinct, but no pain came from the darkness.  

My eyes shot open, and I saw a shaking sword blocking the strange girl's.  I turned and saw Bridget barely keeping the sword from--well, from taking off my bangs...

And I guess my head too.

I jumped away from the two young woman and landed on the hard ground, rolling a few yards away.  

I quickly patted my head as if to make sure my bangs were sill there.

They were. (;D)

I breathed out in relief, but soon realized that we still had work to do and victory to win.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Audrey POV

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

We faced the large amount of elves surrounding us and readied our swords.

This battle wasn't going to be won so easily.

I knew there was only one way to defeat the Remember Refugees.

And the answer was buried deep in Emma and Sienna's heads.

I needed to speak with my younger twin sisters, but that was impossible considering the score of eyes staring at me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as more Remember Refugees appeared before us.

Ro, Sandor, and I supported each other by standing back to back.

Well, not really back to back, considering how tall the Ogre and goblin were...

I shook my head to clear it as I saw Lady Gisela giving her people a signal.

I prepared myself for battle by keeping my left foot in front of my right and leaning forward on my left leg, allowing my other foot to dig into the moist soil.  I gripped my sword tightly and braced myself.

We were not going down without a fight.

But preferably, we were not going down at all.

"I guess we'll each take five," I murmured to the ogre and goblin. 

"What about the new ones appearing?" Sandor questioned quietly.

A growl came out of deep in my throat. "We'll deal with them accordingly. For now, do as I say."

That was my final words before the elves charged forward.

My eyes narrowed in on the elves focusing their gaze on me.  I quickly disarmed the first one and kicked him in the jaw, nocking him unconscious.  I used his sword with mine to deflect the next two attackers.  I sensed someone behind me and felt a small wind as they swung their sword at my head.  I jumped forward and over the two elves I was blocking.  I rolled onto my feet and set my stance again.  

The elf that had snuck up behind me looked slightly dazed.  The force of his swing not fading into his blow had thrown him off balance.  I took the opportunity and jumped on the two elves I had blocked before and hit the disoriented elf with a flying side kick to the gut.

I smiled as he fell on his back and the wind was knocked out of him.  His sword fell from his hand, and I quickly picked it up.

Having one two many swords, I quickly put one into my scabbard. 

I whipped around as the two elves I had blocked before charged forward again.  I blocked them, let out an exasperated sigh of annoyance, and swung the swords out of their hands.  I waited for the thud of them falling to the ground, but it never came.  

I turned and saw that another elf had caught both and was swinging them skillfully in his hands.  He created opposite infinity signs around himself with the two swords, shooting me a menacing gaze.

I patted my ankles, making sure the thick padding was still there.  Then I ran forward and jumped into a front handspring.  I continued my handspring until I reached the elf.  Then I brought my heel down on his head.  He blocked me with his sword, but I was prepared for this.  I bounced backwards into a back handspring, knocking his swords from his hands with the top of my feet.  I landed a few yards away and watched as the two swords stuck into the ground beside me.

I was about to rush back forward to knock the elf unconscious when I felt chills down my back.  I turned and jumped to the side, watching as a new elf's sword grazed my side.  I cried out and grabbed the wound instinctively.  I put pressure on it and winced.  I looked up into the eyes of my attacker and saw that it was a woman.  

She growled at her failed attempt to kill me and charged forward again, this time grazing my shoulder.

Her movements were faster than any I had ever seen before.  

I felt someone behind me and internally smiled.  Just as I felt the tip of a cold blade touch the side of my head, I jumped to the side and waited for the clash of the two enemy elves' swords together.  

It never came.

I turned and saw that the woman fighter had slid underneath the legs of one of the elves I had disarmed.  She landed in a kneeled position, one hand holding her sword and the other holding the ground.  Her eyes glowed with furry.  Then she stared at me with such intensity I would have thought she was reading my mind.

But then I felt a tickle in my mind.

No.

It wasn't possible.

I fought to get the woman out, but I couldn't.

She was too strong.

How did she get past my barrier?

A/N Do you guys use OMG? Personally, I don't, but apparently people in 1917 did! I found out today that although it was used before, it was first used in writing in a letter to Winston Churchill from a man named John Arbuthnot Fisher (he was a retired Admiral of the British Navy). He wrote,

"I hear that a new order of Knighthood is on the tapis, O.M.G."

😃

Anyway, guys.

Ciao,

SiSi