Chapter 58: Sienna POV

"Emma!" I called after my sister.  

I heard Audrey and Bridget close behind me as I ran out of the trailer.

Emma had tackled Lady Gisela to the ground, but Keefe's mom still held a look of confidence and success. 

Why couldn't she just look defeated for once?

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO OLIVIA?" Emma screamed.

Lady Gisela bent her knees and kicked Emma in the stomach.  She went flying, but Audrey caught her before her head hit the ground.

I whipped my head to Lady Gisela and gave her my fiercest gaze.  I rushed toward her and tried to push her down, but she was centered and grounded in her stance, and I ended up just falling backwards.

I groaned as my back hit the hard pavement.

But I was up before Lady Gisela could put her dirty foot on me to hold me down.

I was about to rush back in, but Bridget got ahead of me.

At least, I thought it was Bridget.

They looked almost exactly alike.

Is this how people feel when they first meet me and Emma?

Now I understand why they got mixed up.

A loud thump interrupted my thoughts, and I looked over to see Bridget and Lady Gisela in a heated battle.

Bridget turned into a hook kick, but Lady Gisela quickly ducked and slid her leg underneath Bridget.  The brunette fell on her side but didn't miss a beat.  She swung her legs around her head and flipped to her feet.

My eyes flickered to Emma and saw Audrey holding her carefully in her arms.  She was unconscious but appeared unharmed.

I turned back to Bridget and Lady Gisella and saw that they both had bruises forming on their faces and arms.  Bridget also had a gash going from her right ear to the bottom of her lip.

Then I noticed Lady Gisela's fingers.  Each nail was made of a sharp metal, like deadly knives.

How could we have missed them earlier?

Lady Gisela lashed her hand out and managed another deep cut on Bridget's cheek.  But before Lady Gisela could pull her hand back, Bridget grabbed it and used her momentum to whip Lady Gisela around and pin her hands behind her back.

It looked like the battle was finished, until Lady Gisela nocked her head back and flipped over Bridget's chest, twisting away from her grasp. 

Lady Gisela landed on her feet behind Bridget and immediately kicked her in between her shoulder blades, knocking her to the pavement. 

"Oh come on!" I exclaimed with my hands in the air.

Lady Gisela stood above Bridget, her sharp claws raised.

Without thinking, I ran up behind her and jumped onto her back.  I clung to her neck and barely dodged her sharp nails.

Then I flew from her shoulders and fell painfully on my back.  I gasped as the wind was knocked out of me.  

My hazy vision caught Lady Gisela with the sharp heel of her boot lodged into Bridget's neck, blocking her air flow.

"I have waited years for this moment, Guardian," Lady Gisela seethed.

Audrey rose to feet and rushed toward Lady Gisela with her fist raised.  Just as she was about to deliver her punch, Lady Gisela whipped around and hit Audrey in the face with so much force, she went flying and hit the trailer a few yards away.  She landed to the ground on her right arm.

I stared at her for a minute, hoping upon hope that she would wake up and stop Lady Gisela.

When she didn't stir, I looked over at Emma.  She was awake, but barely.

I was the only one left to do anything.

But what could I possibly do?

I carefully rolled onto my stomach and slowly army crawled toward Keefe's mom.  It took all of my energy, and I struggled to make my breathing quiet as I approached the terrifying scene.

Right as Lady Gisela was bringing down her hand, I flipped to my back and turned quickly with my leg extended.  As she went down, I launched myself on top of her and grabbed the wrists of her knife hands.

I could hear Bridget's heavy breathing as she struggled to recover quickly.

I pushed down all my weight on Lady Gisela's back and held her wrists so tightly, my hands were turning white.  I swallowed as delayed tears started streaming down my cheeks.

Now that I thought everything was over, my salty tears fell quickly and wet the area around me.  My back ached from my fall, and my arms felt weak from holding her down.  

The rough gravel had scraped my skin and rescraped my cuts until they burned hotter then fire.

Still, I refused to let Lady Gisela go.

I couldn't.

We finally had her in custody.

Suddenly, as though she had been building up strength, Lady Gisela pushed me off of her.

I landed on the bruises and cuts on my back.

I cried out and tried to rise up to grab Lady Gisela before she could escape.

But as though my back was broken, I couldn't move.

And Lady Gisela escaped. 

A/N Hey guys, SiSi here. I tried not to make the fighting scene too scary or the wounds too descriptive, so I hope it was okay! Please let me know in the comments. 

Thanks for reading :)

Ciao,

SiSi