Chapter 28: Sophie POV

A/N SiSiLoves2read here!

"Karaoke?" Biana asked me. "What's that?"

"You guys have never done karaoke?" I questioned back.

Elves really didn't do music, did they? 

"It's singing along with recorded music," I answered. "It's a lot of fun!"

"What's singing?" Fitz asked.

"Singing?" I repeated. "It's like talking, only...with notes."

"Notes?" Linh questioned. "Like on paper?"

Emma palmed her forehead. "It's using your voice as a musical instrument," she said. "You guys have heard of musical instruments, right?"

"Yeah, we have a few here in the Lost Cities," Biana replied. "We just don't use them very often."

A/N So sorry! Quick note. Do they actually have music? I don't think they do, that Shannon has mentioned. Well, I guess they do now...

"But how do you use your voice as a musical instrument?" Linh asked. "It sounds...hard."

"It actually isn't," Emma replied. "Sophie...do you want to show them?"

"Me?" I exclaimed. "Why me?"

"Can you sing?" Emma asked.

"Well...not very well..." I began, my cheeks turning pink. "Can you?"

"Yes..." Emma answered.

A/N lol, Emma. I don't know if you sing in real life but...now you do! 😉

"Why don't you show them then?" I questioned.

"I...I..." Emma stuttered.

Everyone looked at Emma expectantly, and I started to feel a little bad for putting her on the spot.

"You don't have to," I said quickly.

"No, it's okay," she replied. "What should I sing?"

"Do you know 'When Will My Life Begin'? From the move Tangled?" I questioned.

Emma giggled. "'Course I do," she said.  Then she swallowed and began.

A/N I just picked a random song off the top of my head so...yeah! And also, Emma, I'm going to make you a really good singer! 

"Seven a.m the usual morning lineup," Emma began. "Start on the chores and sweep 'til the floor's all clean..." Her voice shook a little at first, but soon she forgot the eyes staring at her and grew more confident. 

"Now that I'm older, mother might just let me go..." Emma finished.

Everyone clapped and cheered at the end.

Even Tam.

"That was amazing!" I exclaimed. 

"Is that what I would sound like if I tried it?" Keefe asked. "SEVEN A.M WHY AM I AWAKE SO EARLY." He sung in a deep voice. "START ON WHAT CHORES AND I DON'T KNOW THE REST!" He tried to swing his arms up to add to his performance, but he was still tied to the chair.

Emma giggled. 

"Can I try?" Tam asked.

I looked at him with a shocked expression.  He just shrugged--then he smirked.

"SEVEN A.M, WAKE UP KEEFE WITH ICE," he sung, trying to make his voice sound deeper than Keefe's. "START ON MY PRANKS AND PLANS TO KILL KEEFE'S ANNOYING FACE!"