Chapter 83: Asher POV

A/N HEHE! Oh wait, I had the caps on--

**technical difficulties**

Hehe! I am evil and therefore I won't continue where the last chapter left off! (the truth is, I don't know what the cliffhanger was, I'm as clueless as you, but Emma was busy today so I couldn't ask her...)

I followed Bridget around as she helped pointed and regular eared elves alike.

"So, about what I was going to tell Emma--" I began.

"Shh," Bridget replied.  

I whipped around to face her rude face when I saw that she was simply soothing a crying elf.

"It's alright," she continued.  When she finally left the elf's side she started walking to the other side of the room, her boots clanking on the tiles.

The sound bothered me, but that wasn't what was important right now.

"Bridget? I wanted to--"

Again I was cut off when she started speaking to a new elf. "Yes, snacks are in the kitchen," she told the male. "Help yourself."

I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrows.  I gave Bridget a stern gaze, but she just leaned down to ruffle my hair--as though I were only three.

"Are you pouting? I'll make sure no one eats your cheese puffs--" she tried.

"No! I just wanted to tell you something!" I yelled, my hands pulled into fists on my sides.

Bridget's face softened in kind realization. "Of course, sw--DON'T TOUCH THAT!" she suddenly screamed, rushing away from me and toward a boy much younger than me playing with the circuitry inside a wall panel.

My eyes widened when I realized what that was.  I rushed forward and yanked the small hands from the wires tangled within. "That's connected to the eletrical!" I cried pushing the boy away to check and make sure the metal pieces were all in the right place. "That's what makes our apartment solar operated! You could have caused a total blackout in our building!" My face was red with furry as I stared at the unfazed boy before me.  It only added to my furry when he folded his arms and smirked smugly.

Suddenly he looked like the boys who used to bully me at school.

"Technopath? More like dumbopath!" one boy taunted.

"That doesn't even make sense," I replied quietly.

"Of course it does! 'Cause I said it does!" the boy snapped back. "What are you gonna do? Go tell your mommy? Oh, right! You don't have one!" The rest of the kids that stood with him laughed until they could no longer remain standing.

Why had they found that so funny?

It wasn't.

At least not for me.

So, I was good with wires--they were just jealous.  I nodded and then smiled at the elf before me who taunted me with his smirk.  

"I was just going to improve it," the boy said.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

Improve it?

"You think solar is the future? What about air powered?" the elf questioned, raising one eyebrow.

"Air powered?" I repeated. "That's not possible!" I looked down. "I've already tried," I finished quieter and a bit shamefully. 

Yup, not one of my brighter ideas.

I pushed the memory out of my head, not wanting to lament on the past.

"Well it is!" he shot back. "And you just didn't think it was possible because you're not as good a technopath as me!"

I stumbled back from the words and looked around to see if Bridget would grab this boy by the ear and kick him out the door.  But she was no where in sight.

I was on my own.

"Oh, really?" I growled. "Go and try it!"

We were getting pretty loud, and I could see some heads turning our way.

"I will!" the boy snapped, turning back to the open panel.  His eyes flashed between me and his work as he rewired the thousands of wires that had taken hours to put together.

He asked for several things, but nothing complicated, which surprised me.  I had tons of screws, bolts, wires, tubes, and metal tools in my room.  But he asked for nothing along those lines. 

"Duck tape??" I questioned his final request. "YOU'RE GOING TO HOLD THIS WHOLE THING WITH DUCK TAPE?"

The boy simply nodded and took the roll of duck tape from the palm of my hand.  He stretched out the end and stuck his head back into the messy hole in the wall.

I crossed my arms and suddenly wished he would get shocked.

WHAT?

Why would I want that?

The only people who deserved to be shocked were the Remember Refugees, I reminded myself.

I closed my eyes and calmed myself with deep breaths.  The fire of furry in my stomach faded into a small flame that I didn't really want to completely put out.  I slowly opened my eyes and saw that the elf had finished.  Surprisingly, it wasn't very messy like I expected. 

"We are now running on air," the boy said smugly, eyes closed and arms crossed.

"How do you know that?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"You can't feel it?" the boy questioned. "I thought technopaths could feel technology and things associated with that."

"I can!" I insisted, not quite sure why I was even trying anymore. "I just wasn't trying to."

"No, you're just not an amazing technopath like me," the boy replied, pointing to himself with a cocky grin. 

My teeth made scraping noises as I gritted my teeth painfully.  My firm fists tightened further and it took all my will power to not use my telekinesis to throw the kid across the room.

"I've created many amazing inventions for the Order of the Guardians," the boy continued, his eyes still closed in his prideful rambling. "I've made plant generated melders, strong emotion triggered traps, geothermal heaters..." 

He continued for a few more minutes before I couldn't handle it anymore. "WELL I MADE AN INVISIBLE DRONE!" I exclaimed.  My voice was louder than the din traveling from the many elves in the room.  All their heads turned to me at my outburst.  I sunk in my stance and looked up carefully through my eyelashes.  

Everyone was staring at me.

I swallowed as I prepared to explain. 

A/N No cliffy! 🙃

Don't forget to comment! -->

Oh, and it's SiSi here ;D

Ciao,

SiSi