Chapter 79: Sophie POV

A/N Here is the promised chapter! Hope you enjoy :)

SiSi out.

I groaned at the throbbing in my head. 

I squeezed my eyelids tighter to my face and refused to surrender to the incredibly bright light on my face.

I rolled onto my side and felt a comforting warmth brush against me.  

It was the only thing that could urge me enough to open my eyes.

I smiled as I opened my eyes and saw Keefe sleeping beside me.

Yes.

He was sleeping.

I had to stare at his chest for a minute before I could finally be assured.  It was a bit slower than it should have been, but it was still there.

"He isn't dead," a voice said near my ear.  

I jumped at the sudden sound and found myself face to face with ice-blue eyes.

Keefe's sister had her hands on her hips and her face pushed near mine.  The black Neverseen cloak she had put over her outfit shrouded her face in shadows.  But I could still see her bright eyes and evil smirk peaking through. 

Keefe's sister left my personal bubble and walked around to Keefe's other side.

"I'm so sorry, brother," she began, tracing his arm with the tip of her finger. "This isn't how I wanted things to be. But don't worry, I'll make sure you stay safe. You're on the right team now."

I shot up and gasped as all the blood rushed to my face and made me dizzy. "No! He would never side with you!"

"You mean he would never side with his family?" the girl questioned back. "We are all he has. And before you mention Cassius, I'll tell you that he is not family. Not the way he treated us. He doesn't deserve to be called anything of ours."

"He has his friends," I seethed.

"I suppose we will see who he chooses when he wakes up, shall we?"

I bit my lip and stared hard at the girl's face.  I could feel the confidence wafting off of her. 

Something wasn't right.

I turned to Keefe and started shaking him gently. "Keefe?" I called quietly.  When he didn't wake up, I shook him a bit harder. "Keefe!"

A groan came from the boy's lips, and I smiled in relief. 

"You're okay!" I cried.  Then I quickly wrapped him in a tight hug.

I heard soft chuckles from Keefe's sister beside me.  

I turned to her, my arms still around Keefe's neck.

"Why are you laughing?" I snapped.

The hood of her cloak bounced as she shook her head.  Then she turned and walked the other way.

I turned back to Keefe, ignoring how weird the girl was acting.

She didn't deserve my thoughts anyway.

I squeezed Keefe's neck, then slowly pulled away.  I gave him a peck on the cheek, but my expression fell when I saw Keefe's confused face.

"Who are you?" he questioned.

A/N Hehehehe. I reveal to you, the end of the book! Keefe ended up happily clueless forever. 

THE END.

Yeah, you knew we wouldn't do that to you guys.

See ya later.

Ciao,

SiSi