Chapter 3: It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

(Your POV)

I'm walking down the halls just a few days before Christmas when I bump into Midoriya. "Hey, man. Thanks again for helping me set up the common room for the Christmas party. I have no idea what I was thinking; saying I would do it myself."

He chuckles, looking at me with a knowing smirk. "I knew what you were thinking, 'Oh, my crush is in this class, and here's my chance to impress her.'"

My cheeks flushed at what he said, and I looked to the side. Ever since I've told him I liked Froppy, he keeps teasing me. When I tease him back about him liking Uraraka though, he acts the same way I do.

"S-shut up. That's not true at all." I stammer out, trying, and failing, to hide my lie.

He smirked, crossing his arms as he stared at me with a quirked brow, "Oh yea? Then what's the real reason?" He asks boldly. He's always been good at catching people's lies.

Thankfully, I've always had a quick mind and could come up with something fast, even though I'm almost always caught by him. I shrugged my shoulders, trying to play it off. "I wanted to do a good deed, that's all. Why is that such an issue?"

He smiled, "It's not. I was just teasing."

For once, I was able to hide my lie and get one past him. Or at least, have him not mention anything else.

We start putting up the Christmas tree and some of the ornaments when we hear two voices,

"D-Don't say that so loud, Tsu!"

The mentioned girl's laugh rang through the common area as the two girls walked in. My cheeks flushed seeing Tsuyu, and I quickly turned around and continued hanging up ornaments.

Midoriya chuckles until he realizes who was flustered at Tsuyu. His cheeks flared up and turned around to help me put up some ornaments right as Ochako turned the corner.

She blushes nervously once she sees Midoriya and begins to worry if he overheard her, but soon realizes that since me and him are talking, he probably didn't hear her.

"H-Hey, Midoriya" Ochako greets nervously, yet cheerfully.

Midoriya's face flushed even more. He nervously turned his head around and offered her a closed-eye smile. "H-Hey, Ochako."

"Hey... (Y/N)..."

My heart skipped a beat. Any time I heard her voice, my heart fluttered anxiously. "H-Hey there, Tsuyu. What brings you girls here?" I ask, my head tilting in curiosity as I stared at the two females in front of us, a light blush on my cheeks as I stared at the frog-ish girl.

"W-Well, we figured you guys could use our help setting up. Ribbit." Froppy states, gesturing to the slow progress we were making setting up the Christmas decorations.

She was right; We do need- or at least want- their help.

"Thanks, Tsuyu! That'd be a big help." Midoriya thanks, saving me the worry of embarrassing myself by saying something dumb to her.

(Tsuyu's POV)

I walked through the halls and headed over to Ochako's dorm, knocking on the wooden door. A few moments pass by and she opens the door, standing there with a smile, cheeks slightly rosy like usual.

"Oh hey, Tsu! Come on in!" She says cheerfully, stepping to the side to let me in.

I smile and shake my head, "No thanks, ribbit. I was actually hoping I could show you something." The smile remains on my face as I speak to her.

She nodded her head, "Oh, alright. Just give me a second."

She re-enters her room and quickly changes her clothes. After she's ready to go, I grab her hand and run towards the common room.

She stumbles behind me, trying to keep up. "S-Slow down, Tsu!" She calls after me, but I ignore her and bring her down the hall a bit more.

We reached the stairwell, stopping so she could catch her breath as I practically dragged her down the hallway. I let go of her hand, beginning to walk forward again, "Follow me. Ribbit." I bring her to the end of the hallway and take her behind the stairs.

"W-What are we doing here?" She questions, confusion and nervousness evident on her face. I point up at a mistletoe and wink at her. "It's for you to confess to Midoriya, ribbit."

"D-Don't say that so loud, Tsu!" She yells, cheeks flustered. I giggled as we both turned and walked out of the stairwell, turning the corner and saw Midoriya with (Y/N) working on the tree in the common area.

We all greeted each other nervously, and I could feel some tension in the air. It was like they knew we liked them and were...embarrassed about it

"H-Hey there, Tsuyu. what brings you girls here?" (Y/N) asks me, making me even more flustered. I glanced away from him, looking at anywhere but him. Everytime he speaks, I feel like running into his arms.

"W-Well, we figured you guys could use our help setting up. Ribbit." I say, covering up the real reason. If I had told them, they would've gotten suspicious.

"Thanks, Tsuyu! That'd be a big help." Midoriya thanked me, sounding a bit calmer and even relieved that he was talking to me and not Uraraka. We both walk over and grab some ornaments, walking over to help decorate the common area with the duo.