Chapter 44: Forgiveness?

(Your POV)

I sat back on the bench, my head in my hands. I started to bawl my eyes out, until I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Excuse me sir. Why are you crying?" An elderly lady asked me in a kind voice.

I sniffle. "Me and my girlfriend just got into our first fight, and she just ran away from me crying." I explained, occasionally sniffling. 

"Oh young love. I remember my first fight with my husband. Been together 40 years now." She explained "He made it up to me in the sweetest way possible. He always was good with music, and wrote me this beautiful song. Had a similar style to my favorite song, but was still very unique. I had to forgive him instantly. And I'm so glad I did." She chuckled at the end.

"Wait, that gives me an idea. Thank you…thank you for the help." I say, smiling now. "No problem dear." She responded.

I run out of the park to the local store. I spend all of the money I had on me and bought some cake ingredients and some gummy worms. I rush back to the school, accidentally bumping into people. "Sorry!" I yell at them as I keep running.

I arrive back at school and burst through the doors. Midoriya and Ochako were gone, but Jiro was still relaxing. "Tsuyu came back about 10 minutes ago crying. What happened?" She asked, sounding a little pissed.

"I'll explain later. Let me focus, please." I responded, starting to mix the cake batter together. I threw it in the oven after it preheated and started writing a letter on a nearby stack of paper. Around 50 minutes later, the cake was finished baking, coated in frosting, and decorated with green frosting lily pads and gummy worms. 

Jiro was just about to leave the building, but I stopped her in time. "Please, Jiro…please. I need these delivered to Tsu's room. I can't do it, and Ochako is nowhere to be found. Please…I'll owe you one." I begged.

She thought about it and sighed. "Alright, fine. I'll do it." She said a little hesitantly. I gave her a big hug and then handed her the cake and the note. "Just knock and leave them on the ground. The tray will protect the cake from the ground." I mention.

She sighed as she walked to Tsu's dorm with the cake and note.