Chapter 26: Missing

(Midoriya's POV)

After a long day of studying the previous night for the tests, I was hoping to get a full night's sleep and then some. However, I woke up super early and just couldn't go back to bed, so I decided to train a bit before school starts.

I was practicing some stances I could do to go beyond, while using a little bit of power to see if it feels comfortable, when I see (Y/N) outside.

"Oh, hey (Y/N). You're up early!" I pointed out. We got into a small conversation. I asked if Tsuyu was doing ok, and was assured that she was, which made me feel more relieved. She's one of my best friends, and I was really worried when Ochako said she got no response.

We talked a little more, before he went to get coffee and I went back to practicing. But as time went by, I thought through some stuff. Something about (Y/N) felt…off. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

I remembered (Y/N) gave me his spare key, as he does lose stuff and forgets where things are. I wonder if Ochako has Tsu's spare, since even though Tsu and (Y/N) were dating, Tsu and Ochako have been friends for years.

I pause my training and run up to my room to get my phone. When I get to my phone, I send Ochako a quick text.

Midoriya: "Good morning babe. Sorry for the early text. I had thought of something earlier after I bumped into (Y/N). Do you by any chance have Tsuyu's spare room key?"

I place my phone down for a couple minutes and start thinking. "Man. (Y/N) looked like he was in a rush today. I wonder what's going on with him." I thought out loud.

I got a text back from Ochako a few minutes later.

Ochako: "Yeah, I think she gave it to me. I'll see if she's ok myself. I'm really worried, as she or even (Y/N) would text me telling me she was super tired. Thanks for the smart idea love. I'll get back to you shortly."

Midoriya: "Aw, thanks hun. I'll be waiting for your response."

A few minutes passed by and I got a vibration. I picked up my phone and it was Ochako again.

Ochako: "Um…Midoriya? She's not in her room. And there's no sign she was here at all yesterday."

Midoriya: "Huh? What do you mean she's not there? Where could she be?"

Ochako: "I don't know but I'm really freaking out here."

Midoriya: "It's ok. Calm down. Just calm down. Take a breather. I'm going to (Y/N)'s room to look for clues. Brb."

I slide my phone into my pocket, and look around for (Y/N)'s spare he gave me. After finding it, I snuck into his room. On his bed was a video camera. I played it, and was shocked at what I saw on it. I pulled out my phone after a few seconds of being stunned and texted Ochako.

Midoriya: "Get the pros and the rest of the class in the main living room. Now. No time to explain. We've got a major issue."