Chapter 25: Final Steps

(Your POV)

As I exit the main doors to the school, I hear a couple of grunts. I sneak behind some bushes and poke my head out sneakily. I notice Midoriya doing some morning workouts. 'Huh…he's up earlier than normal.' I think to myself. 'I need to be careful.'

I try sneaking past him to get to the campus exit, but he turns and spots me. "Oh, hey (Y/N). You're up early!" He greets happily, but only in-between breaths.

I put on a fake smile. "Yeah, I woke up early. Tried falling back asleep, but I don't think I can. Going to grab some morning coffee downtown early." I say, trying to hurry the conversation along.

"Oh, alright. You enjoy yourself man." He says as I was turning around. As I'm almost at the door, he cries out  "Hey wait, I've got a question!"

I stop and turn around, a little annoyed, but doing well not to show it. "Yeah, what's up?" I politely ask.

"Ochako said Tsuyu never returned her texts last night. She went to Tsu's dorm and knocked, but there was no answer. Is she ok?" He asks with a concerned look.

Thankfully, I already had an answer thought up in case this happened, as I always try to be two steps ahead. "Oh yeah, she's ok. She was just really tired from our date night. She'll be up later, alright? Let her rest. If she wakes up, could you let her know where I am?" I ask him.

With his goofy grin on his face, he responds "Alright then. You enjoy yourself." I thank him and then start running before he asks any more questions. 

A little later, I arrive at the headquarters of my family's lair. My brother is there to greet me. "Hey little bro. Is it all set up?" I just chuckled.

"Don't worry Mosu. The camera's in place. I was almost caught by the star kid. I lied to him, but he's good at catching them. If he catches on, they'll be here even sooner" I say with an evil grin.

"Good. Mother, father…get the troops ready. (Y/N) go to the secret room. You wanted to sneak attack their sneak attack, right?." He reminded me. We had a small room in the vents set up for me to drop down on them. 

I ran down a hallway to head towards the room. About 10 minutes later, there's a loud crash coming from the main room. I hear a familiar voice cry out "Never fear! For I am here!" And I knew the war was about to break out.