Chapter 15: The Truth is Out

(Y/N’s POV)

Tsuyu just stood there in shock, no words coming out of her mouth. My nerves start acting up, and I start to sweat a little bit. I take a deep breath in, and do what I never thought I’d do: talk about my family’s business.

“My parents run an organization that organizes murderers--... assassinations.” I corrected myself, recalling the several times when they corrected me. 

I sighed before I continued. “My great grandparents started the business many, many years ago, before my grandparents were even born. This business was just them and a very close friend robbing houses and banks. They were a notorious trio and feared by a lot of people. They’re motto has stayed with our family for years.” I say, trying to remember the origin of the business. I knew it from the bottom of my heart, but after shutting it away for so many years, it didn’t come to me immediately. 

“That motto is “Fear equals respect, so strike as much fear as possible”. Eventually, my great parents had kids. My grandpa, and my great aunt. They were trained from a young age how to be sneaky. They were told that if they could steal anything from their parents, they got to keep it, as well as take over their organization. Eventually, my grandpa passed the test by stealing a single hundred dollar bill and nobody noticed for a full day. When he turned 18, the company was passed down to him. The same thing happened to my father. When my father took over, that's when things got rough.” I say, my words are choppy, but I kept my composure.

Tsuyu cupped my hand and gently squeezed it, reassuring me she’s still here. I take another deep breath and continue. “When he took over, he didn’t just want to rob people. He started hiring hitmen to kill people-- mainly regular business men and women. He, of course, wanted to get a good share of the money. He took this already terrible idea my great grandparents had, into a villainous organization filled to the brim of thieves, assassins and scum...”

She took a quiet gasp, her hand shaky, but still cupping mine. “After a few years, he hired my mother. She was extremely intelligent and used to be an accountant. She accidently used her quirk at some point, and my father fell in love with the amount of violence she could cause as well as her level of aggression. Because of this, she instantly got promoted.”

“And then they had you and your brother...right?” She questioned, easing up on my hands

“Yes. First they had my brother. He’s a hardworking guy and he knows the difference between right and wrong, as he has shown by helping me help you out with the bullies many years ago. However, I’m afraid his brain may be corrupted by now of the real right and wrong with whatever my parents drilled into his head. As for me, I was born three years later. I remember being told I was gifted by my father at such a young age. I remember him telling me I’m going to take over the business- as he called it- when I got old enough. This made my mom and brother mad, because they learned how the company was passed down before. I remember always heading into my mind to escape, picturing that I was alone in the house, the same place I ended up going the day we met. When I found my quirk.”

“T-Then why are you here? Why didn’t you take them up on their offer?” She asked, her hands barely touching mine now.

“Because I learned the real right and wrong at a really young age. See, I was gifted with my mothers smarts. So I was sent to do basic math and inventory of the money from jobs and stuff. I found a paper one day about an assassination job after healing from manditory quirk training. Not knowing the word before, I looked it up later that day, and was shocked to see that my parents were taking the lives of others for money. I ended up doing more research on my family’s history over the next few weeks and found out my father is who started this assassination buinsess. Before him, my family was just thieves. I started hating my last name, but more specifically, I started hating my own father. But, I pretended I didn’t know. I wanted to take over so I could recreate the family name, and fix the legacy my great grandparents damaged.” I explain, hoping to make her feel comfortable again

She smiled a little, and while still being leary, cupped my hands again. “So what happened?” She asked

“So one day, when I was thirteen, I pulled the same trick my grandpa used. My father wasn’t expecting it because of how old school it was. I stole a simple hundred dollar bill for a full day, without it being noticed. I was now next in line to run the company. However, when I was fourteen, almost fifteen, my father found out my plans, as a new maid he hired found my secret compartment of papers filled with the plans I had and brought them to him. I was almost killed right then and there. I tried fighting back, but couldn’t do much at all. I barely hurt my parents, and I couldn’t bring myself to hurt my brother. However, with the luck of a shooting star, an alarm had gone off which took their attention away for a split second. Since I was bleeding badly, I pretended to be dead. They just left me there, and a minute or so later, I escaped to a homeless shelter where I was fed, homeschooled and housed until I hit fifteen.” I told her. I could feel her becoming more comfortable with me again.

“After I turned fifteen, I begged them to see if I could transfer to U.A. They asked why I wanted to be a hero, and I told them that I want revenge for those who were innocently killed. I ended up getting transferred the next year. That’s when I re-met you. I had instantly recognized you, even though it had been eleven years since I last saw you. I didn’t want to say anything about it because I was worried I’d scare you off. Months passed, and my first year finished. I felt I was ready for payback, but ended up staying here. Because over that year, I got feelings for you, Tsuyu. I came here to learn how to get revenge on my parents, but stayed because of you.”

She let go of my hands and thought for a second, before breaking down into tears and hugging me. Her hug made me break out into tears, and we were both crying messes.

“I believe you. You’re too kind-hearted to be like them.” She said, still crying

“Y-You weren’t scared?” I questioned, tears in my eyes

“Y-Yeah... I was for a minute. I told you though...I love you. I wouldn’t leave you. Well, guess what? I’m still here.” We let go and she dries off her face

“And I want to help you get revenge”